Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Avonfrog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 04:22 AM
    Water leak through bathroom grout
    I have been told my bathroom shower grout is leaking causing the ceiling below to be discolored. They have told me I have to replace all the tile. They said it doesn't work to just recaulk-is this true. I need advice ASAP
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 29, 2008, 06:33 AM
    First! Who told you? A plumber after testing to see or a neighbor off the top of his head? Something doesn't sound right to me.
    They said it doesn't work to just recaulk-is this true.
    Replacing all the tile for a grout leak sounds like overkill to me. Are you sure it isn't a faulty seal on the drain? Has it been tested for a bad drain?
    Where are you getting your advice from? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing tiles and grout from Bathroom wall [ 5 Answers ]

I have tile that is on the wall behind my bathroom sink. I would like to remove it and paint the wall. How do I get the old dried grout off the wall?

Water Leak near bathtub but no leak behind tub found [ 5 Answers ]

I recently noticed water marks in the ceiling on the lower floor that is about 3-6 feet away from the tub above that floor. I had noticed similar leak several years ago, just painted it over and did not see any more water marks for several years. I cannot seem to find where it is coming from. I...

Daylight basement water leak, cause by broken water pipe or saturated ground water? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 units 3 stories with daylight basement apartment. Build in 1960. Just bought it few months ago. Last year the previous owner had a bad flood in the daylight basement after long period of rain. They cleaned out the area, remodel it. Good for few months, last couple of weeks rain long...

Water migrating through grout [ 5 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for any suggestions> Two years ago I replaced a wood floor in my dining room that showed signs of discoloration from moisture. At the same time I removed carpet from 3 bedrooms and all showed signs of some moisture between the slab and the pad. A leak detection company was...

View more questions Search