Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EasyDoesIt Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 07:15 PM
    On a break. Girlfriend isn't sure if she loves me?
    Hello people,
    I have been dating this girl for 3 years now.
    Everything has been going great. Of course we have our little arguments here and there but nothing too serious.
    Recently we have been arguing a lot and we both decided to take a break.
    She said she needed time and space to think things out. I also know she's REALLY stressed out at work.
    I know and admitted to her that I did take her for granted. I didn't show her the attention and affection she deserved.
    I saw her last night and she came back to my house to talk about everything. She said she still misses me but isn't sure if she loves me or not? I told her I apologize for not giving her the attention and affection she deserves. I told her I will change and I showed her... We cuddled for a little and kissed for awhile. She also cried a little bit while I was telling her this. I asked her if it made her happy hearing the things I'm going to change about myself and she said "Yes". Anyway, I'm just curious as what I should do now?
    She doesn't text me or respond to my phone calls lilke she use to. I know I hurt her and I apologized and showed and told her I am going to change... What else can I do?
    What should I do?
    Thanks everybody.
    angel0772001 Posts: 233, Reputation: 7

Jul 28, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Its really hard when you hurt the ones you love. My husband hurt me really bad a while back. It took a lot but everyday he never gives up, He is always texted me and toldme he loves me. He sent me flowers. He wrote me letters. He did whatever it took to get me back. Now we are trying to have a baby. You just need to let it all out and don't stop whatever it takes. Unless she tells you that there is no hope. All I can say is good luck.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Give it a time... shes stressed out. When she's back on her sense's you'll know what she really wants.

Jul 28, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Thanks for the advice.
    I was thinking about sending her flowers and writing her letters... I just don't want to be bothering her. Do you think she would like that and appreciate the thought?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Yes. Just don't call and bother her... a lot

Jul 28, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Yeah I agree don't bug her too much because that will just push her away even more. You know her better than we do. You should know what she likes

Jul 28, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Ok, she said she wanted to hang out this week. Should I call her txt her to see when. Or just wait, give her time and space and wait till she calls me?

Jul 28, 2008, 07:46 PM
    I know that its hard to wait but calling is too forward so just text her and see if she still wanted to hang out and ask her when a good time would be. Don't push her just ler her tell you if she says she doesn't know when though.

Jul 29, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Ok, I will do that... My last question is... She said she's stressed out and needs her time and space... Is that just an excuse because she is seeing someone? Or interested in someone? She assured me she wasn't and wasn't interested in meeting anybody, but I don't know. What do you think?

Jul 29, 2008, 07:46 AM
    To be honest at one point and time I said that I just needed time and space. But actually I was interested in another guy. Like I said you know her better than I do so all you can do is either trust your instinct or trust her. Its up to you.

Jul 29, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Yeah, I asked her to be honest and she said she wasn't so I like to believe her.
    Do you think it would be a good idea to talk to one of her close girlfriends about the whole situation? Just tell them how I feel and ask if anything else is wrong?

Jul 29, 2008, 08:32 AM
    No because it will more than likely get back to her and she may feel like you don't trust her. That would just cause more problems. You are better off just talking to her. Leave her friends out of it.

Jul 29, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Got it! Thanks a lot of all your help and advice. I really appreciate it.
    The girl I talk about is also a bank teller... haha.
    She said she wanted to get together this week. I txt her yesterday just to thank her for taking the time to talk to me because I wanted to let her know how I feel and that I realize the mistakes I made. I told her to let me know when she wants to get together.
    Should I just wait until she contacts me then?

Jul 29, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Lol I'm a stay at home mom now. Yeah I think you should just wait and see what she says. If she doesn't say anything by then end of the week I would try again but don't push her. She does need some space too.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 09:24 AM
    I agree with Angel, never good to talk to her friends about anything because they will tell her in a heartbeat. Just give her time and space and everything will be made clear

Jul 29, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Yeah, thanks. I just wish I knew if she was seeing or if she is interested in anybody else.
    She swore to me she wasn't and that she just needed time and space to figure out what she wants from me and if she loves me. Do you believe that?

Jul 29, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Yeah I can believe that. This is her life and her making sure that she loves you and isn't with you for comfort is a way to make sure she will be happy in life. If you are so serious and she is having doubts then maybe it's a good thing you are on a break because now nobody will be lead on and she can know for sure what she wants.

Jul 29, 2008, 05:09 PM
    That's a really good answer... I will def. give her her space...
    I saw her Sunday and I txt her yesterday. Do you think I should completely stop contacting her until she contacts me or should I txt her every 2-3 days to say hi and that I miss her?
    Spikeman Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Jul 29, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Just do some NC until she breaks it

Jul 30, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Ok... so do you think NC will make her want me more or make her forget about me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend tells me she loves me, yet she wants a break or breakup? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey guys, My girlfriend is telling me she wants a break to see if she if I am the one. We're young, I don't plan on marriage for a while (we're 20) and I just don't understand her idea of couples needing to split up for a while to see if they are the one. She says this is for "us" but I'm...

Girlfriend wants to break up, but still loves me? [ 33 Answers ]

Hiya, Was just wondering if you could offer any advice on my situation ? Im 28 and my girlfriend (now ex) is 26. We've been together for just over 6 months now. I live about 70 miles away and only get to see her on the weekends. She is at school as a full time student and a photographer on...

My Girlfriend says she loves me but needs a break to find herself [ 27 Answers ]

Hey all. My girlfriend tells me she loves me and that she thinks I am the one for her but isn't sure if us being together right now is the right thing to do. She seems very confused with her career and where her life is going but has decided we need to have a break so she can work these things...

Girlfriend loves me but wants to break up [ 41 Answers ]

I met an amazing girl a couple of months ago. We were seeing each other every day. She would always tell me how I was good to her and how I was the only guy she'd been with who treated her right. Everything was fine until last weekend when she made herself distant from me. I asked what was...

Girlfriend wants to break up, but still loves me? [ 8 Answers ]

Hiya, Was just wondering if you could offer any advice on my situation ? Im 28 and my girlfriend (now ex) is 26. We've been together for just over 6 months now. I live about 70 miles away and only get to see her on the weekends. She is at school as a full time student and a photographer on...

View more questions Search