Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadiVictoria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Limited hot water to tub/shower
    I am ble to take an "OK" shower but when I want to take a bath I can hardly get enough hot wter to take a bath. Is there a way that I can flush out the pipes from hot wter heater to the shower? I have old iron pipes.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 8, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadiVictoria
    i am ble to take an "OK" shower but when I want to take a bath I can hardly get enough hot wter to take a bath. Is there a way that I can flush out the pipes from hot wter heater to the shower? I have old iron pipes.
    If you have good hot water pressure in one fixture and not another then the problem's either in the valve or the pipes. In your case, with galvanized iron piping" I suppect the latter. Iron oxcide.(rust) builds up on the walls of iron pipe choking down on volume and pressure. To check to see if it's pipe or valve shut off the water and open up the tub valve. Now turn the water back on. If the pipes are OK you'll get a strong stream out of the open valve and the problem's in the valve. If not then it may be time to "bite the bullet" and consider a repipe job. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

Limited space question. [ 5 Answers ]

I have some obstacles that limit the amount of initial drop (plumbing in a concrete slab) allowed in the bathroom group and wondered if it is OK to discharge a water closet directly into a sanitary tee (inlet of the tee pointing upwards)? Can the closet flange be shortened (sawed off) to further...

Limited Warranty Deed [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a regular Warranty Deed and a Limited Warranty Deed for a mortgage loan?

View more questions Search