Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jj762 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 12:36 AM
    Outdoor lights
    I have 2 outdoor lights that don't work
    One over the front door and one above the back door.
    They both have their own basic on off switch.
    What is wrong with them?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Paul Cormier Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 02:53 AM
    Take the cover off the switched. Get a voltage tester and test at the switch for power. You should not have to remove the switch. There are two types of voltage testers. One has wires that have to be touched to the switch scews, the other just has to be within the vicinity of the swith. That's a start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Outdoor Lights [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I cannot figure out why my Hampton Bay outdoor lights will not turn off when I set them to auto-off after two hours. They stay on all the time now.

Outdoor christmas lights [ 10 Answers ]

How many strands of christmas lights can you put together without blowing fuse on lights?

Can I disable motion sensor on outdoor lights? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased new wall mount outdoor lights. They are motion sensor. I was told they would have the option to turn off the motion sensor. There is not a "switch" for that capability. Is there a way I can wire it to disable that function?

Hampton Bay Outdoor Solar Lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have Hampton Bay outdoor lights with burned out bulbs. How do I replace them? Home Depot does not carry them. Thank you.

Xmas outdoor lights [ 1 Answers ]

Approx. How many strings of outdoor lights can you hang without blowing fuse? I have 8 strings of 18ft/300 lights strung, when I plug in the ninth String I blow a fuse. Thanks, Bill

View more questions Search