Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsnotme5678 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Seems like no breast size is right.
    Really, people are always talking about the marvels of small breasts, but then small chested women feel inadequate and are often complaining, because everything we see in the media are big breasts, breast augmentation is rising, etc, etc. Glamour models are all a D cup or above. Big breasts are glorified. We then see articles like this Chest Implants

But then again, the discussions on internet forums and blogs always come up saying that big breasts aren't the sexiest, or such a great thing. That small is better, that it's nicer, etc, etc. Then big busted women are left to feel insecure, not to mention, because all of the negative attention they receive every day (be it treated as a walking pair of boobs, or catty comments by women). Some fashion styles are only made with small breasts in mind. To top it off, naturally busty women feel bad because the ideal is perky big breasts, kind of hard to come by naturally, easy to come by with surgery.

I admit I belong to the first group. I have smallish breasts, and I feel insecure all the time because most every advert I see, there's a busty woman. And most of the time, they're not even natural. So I feel unsexy. It's been hard trying to embrace this, but I'm getting there.

It's hard being a woman in these times. We should just stop bringing out the negative of both sizes and just focus on the positives of both. Then we'll be happier. The most beautiful breast is the one that is capable of nurturing a child. Therefore every breast is beautiful. Every size is wonderful. Let's stop the madness!
    DuBas07 Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2008, 08:26 PM
    The media has all kinds of ways of making us feel like sheep, that is if you let them. Why should anyone judge them-self on the opinion of any other human?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 08:59 PM
    I turn magazines around if women are "exploited" on the cover. Only the checkstand I went through, but if everyone either ignored or disdained the concept of "attractive is valuable" it would fade a bit.

People are visual, especially men. That's fine. But, how a person looks does not reflect her intrinsic value as a human being. Photography and filmmaking in the US is very much about how the subjects appear. Check out some French films, the visual concepts are staggeringly different.

There is also the mistaken notion that large breasts make more milk. Wrong! The average mammary gland, which is the size of a small fried egg is capable of producing enormous amounts of milk. Large breasts are either mostly fat, or mostly silicone, neither of which creates milk.

Look at the positive side, you can go jogging without tons of bouncing. My husband has finally given up talking me into getting my breasts enlarged. I just kept reminding him that I'll do it just as soon as he had his penis downsized. It's too big.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jul 23, 2008, 09:30 PM
    I don't necessarily feel bad or ashamed that I have big boobs. The only thing is that my husband is not a breast man, he's an a@@ man. So all my 38 DD glory goes to waste. Plus, the older I get, the farther they sag and drop off to the side. Also, they hurt my back so bad sometimes I want to cry. Trust me, big boobs aren't worth the trouble. I would rather have smaller ones because they are, shall we say, easier to maintain. Lol
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 09:35 PM
    I've been both small breasted and big. Before I had my kids I was a B cup, now, after having two children I'm a DD. Just be happy with what you have. There are too many women going for unnecessary surgery just to fit in.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 10:01 PM
    I think it's the same for guys, no? They always talk about how size doesn't matter... then you hear about certain guys on campus that are glorified due to their rocket. Granted, yes, it's more difficult as our manhood isn't really visible unless we're wearing speedos.

I'll admit, I'm a breast man... but yes, there is such a thing as being "too big"...

I've been with girls that have been 34DD... and have been 34A... really, the girl matters more than her chest does.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Not to mention we always get about 30 "want to be bigger, longer?" e-mails a day
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 10:27 PM
    If we were to actually look at the women on the covers of magazines,on TV or movies, we find that none of them are not as flawless as they are made out to be.
    Many photographs are touched up to cover up any flaws,or enhance shape,skin,lips etc.

If we were to follow the fashions that change everyday,then we would never be satisfied,because women's bodies are changing as time passes.Following fashions exactly as the media portrays is not the way to feel good about ourselves.Many designer clothes are made for people who can afford to look good or ridiculous as they please.

As a woman myself I find that I do not see two beautiful women who have the same assets,I have seen some with such beautiful eyes that one hardly notices anything else,while others are simply attractive as a whole person,while others are nothing like the models or actresses,but they exude(sp) such warmth that it is enough to make them beautiful.

Breast size is an issue with many women,teenages want to have bigger breasts,but the older we get we start to realise that breasts don't always look the way they did when we were younger.
    I am sure many older women have more pressing concerns than their breasts size and old age is something none of us can stay away from.

Even those that go for surgery seem to want to reshape every now and then as our bodies never seem perfect depending on our focus regarding our bodies.

I think a lot of how we feel about our bodies,breasts etc has to do with how confident we feel and how much we depend on others opinions to make us feel good.

Personally breast size has never been an issue for me,when younger I was not looking for compliments on my body from anyone and now married with a kid,my husband who loves me for who I am, loves the way I look.
    And I dress as I please and not to please others who may or may not think me beautiful.
    I believe having a healthy body which is a blessing in itself.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 05:39 AM
    There is no one right size... If a woman keeps her weight in check... even "A" cups are nice. Do I like big ones? Sometimes if they are real... do I like small ones? Yes again. Now That is talking normal women with average breasts.

If you have had a mastecomy... have certain issues where they might be grossly misshapen or one is dramatically larger than the other or from raising children... lets say they have nearly completely deflated. Orange in a gym sock type thing. Then you might have real self esteme issues as a result. In those cases cosmetic surgery can be your friend. It can set right what nature has wreaked havoc upon.

But don't be pining over DD breasts when nature gave you a perfectly nice set of B cups... Bigger is not always better. Particularly if its just for the sake of being bigger.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 01:29 PM
    If a woman is trying to please someone else, *nothing is ever right* for anyone associated with her.

There is a lot of pressure in the American culture on females, and how they look, from the advertising industry in all media. Women have to understand that there is more to a woman that the size of her breasts or any other physical attribute! There are many facets of themselves that women can develop while they are living and growing.

The best love affairs are between equals. :)
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Jul 24, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Hollylovesbrandon and I have the same problem! My partner is however a small breast man, so one could say my beautiful large mammaries go to waste. But when it comes down to it these things really have no effect on the attraction we have for one another, this comes from within. Its high time women began to value themselves for what they hold inside & not only their outer appearance, We can change our inner beings for free. We would have a much happier world if this was so.
    DuBas07 Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah_nicole
    Hollylovesbrandon and I have the same problem! My partner is however a small breast man, so one could say my beautiful large mammaries go to waste. But when it comes down to it these things really have no effect on the attraction we have for one another, this comes from within. Its high time women began to value themselves for what they hold inside & not only their outer appearance, We can change our inner beings for free. We would have a much happier world if this was so.
    Women with your attitude are so attractive to me.
    itsnotme5678 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Well, actually, I wasn't saying I want bigger breasts. Or smaller breasts. What I'm complaining about is how the media destroys the self esteen for both sizes. Small women feel bad. So do big women.

The ideal would be that both sizes would be celebrated, instead of focusing on the worst qualities of them. We should celebrate every size, that'd be nice.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jul 24, 2008, 08:45 PM
    I agree. We should celebrate women, in general, regardless of their physical features. I do not take what the media say seriously about boobs. I love myself and the way I look, when I don't, I exercise and change what I can naturally. My husband loves my body (some parts more than others) and I couldn't be happier. It's great being 5 foot 2 inches, 200 lbs, having wide hips and a 38 DD. My size is perfect, no matter what it is!
    bluecrusader Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 12:10 AM
    It's really great to hear you women being so confident about yourselves and your bodies. Unfortunately for me, I'm only 18 and still stuck in a phase where all boys want large breasted women. So far I have yet to meet a guy my age that would favor small breasts. It's hard and hurts since I never feel like my body is up to par for my boyfriend, who constantly favors bigger breasts. Hopefully as I get older I'll learn to appreciate my body for what it is just like you
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 25, 2008, 12:20 AM
    This is an awesome thread!

I've got to say though, I just like breasts, full stop. Ha ha!

I agree with the sentiment that, if they go with your body size and shape, then they always look great!

Jordan, Pamela Anderson, Lola Ferrari... the list is endless... all look ridiculous to me!

In fact, I think Jordan (UK Glamour Model) looked gorgeous when she started, way before any cosmetic enhancements! Now she just look stupid!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecrusader
    It's really great to hear you women being so confident about yourselves and your bodies. Unfortunately for me, I'm only 18 and still stuck in a phase where all boys want large breasted women. So far I have yet to meet a guy my age that would favor small breasts. It's hard and hurts since I never feel like my body is up to par for my boyfriend, who constantly favors bigger breasts. Hopefully as I get older I'll learn to appreciate my body for what it is just like you
    Consider that a blessing. You aren't going to be a toy for a guy with a breast fetish. You are going to get guys that see YOU.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Remember Dolly Pardon had breast reduction done because they were killing her back.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 06:46 AM
    I'm a 38 DDD.

Believe me, I see the advantages you get from having smaller boobs ALL the time.

1. Guys that like you, like you for YOU, not your breast size.
    2. You can buy bras anywhere, and can get really cute bras, really pretty bras, and really sexy bras--not just bras that support you the way you need to be supported.
    3. You can wear shirts off the rack without the buttons gaping or having to take in the waist just so that it will fit your chest.
    4. You can go without a bra without it being as obvious--which also means you can wear styles that women with large breasts can't--like halter tops, and strappy sundresses, and pretty much anything with spaghetti straps.
    5. Lingerie that fits you is easier to find.
    6. The current styles favor smaller breasts. A lot of the shirts out there make women with large breasts just look pregnant, whereas smaller breasts look cute in them. Same sort of thing with overalls.
    7. You don't sag as much when you get older with smaller boobs. A boob LIFT (not adding size, just adding perkiness) is more expensive than getting them enhanced.

I'm sure that people could list the advantages of large boobs, as well, but honestly--I agree that we should all just be happy with what we have.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 09:07 AM
    *sigh*

these threads always leave me sad. Live and let live (but live like me) just never feels good to me.

I'm of the "let a person do what they wish within legal means" mode... and that means I'm less harsh and judgemental against a woman who chooses enhancement... in the same breath I see nothing "lacking" in a woman who chooses no enhancement. While I love curvey women, one of the sexiest girls I dated was a petite woman with A cups. She rocked my world.

I've seen how cruel young women can be to a girl who is more developed at a young age. I've dated a girl in college who was talked about as being "fake" because she had D size and a skinny body. The people b!tching about her were the fake ones. Most of them with smaller chests. Call them victims of the media or society. They had a choice, and they chose to be cruel.

I dated a woman once who had a lot of surgery. She had breast enlargement, after seeing her chest change shape and form after nursing a child, and she had a tummy tuck, after bearing a child tore apart the muscle wall and gave her a permanent "pouch"... the tummy tuck not only helped her form, but corrected chronic lower back problems. The chest was completely about her form, but in the end she looked no bigger than the girl who wear bras with cleavage enhancing padding.

and here's the one thatll set off the fire storm, I'm sure. She had vaginal wall reconstruction after having had a child. Her wall was so weakened that she had to use her fingers pressed against her vaginal wall to have a BM.

think about that for a minute. Using "plastic surgery" (which was really just elective surgery to strengthen a muscle wall) to correct a situation where you need to insert your fingers inside your vagina to take a crap decently.

not all plastic surgery is about women with low self esteem.

now, as for the breasts... obviously these had nothing to do with a weakened muscle wall or issues with basic functions.

so let me ask this. How often, women, do you get your hair cut? Dyed? How much does it cost? A woman who gets a $60 hair cut and dye six times a year (and that can be really low) over the course of 30 years has spent over $10K on her appearance.

a hair cut and dye (chemicals needlessly added to the body) has no value other then aesthetic.

lets not talk about the dollars spent on makeup over a lifetime.

I've only dated one woman who had surgery for "aesthetic" reasons, and he case was, granted, somewhat extreme.

her change in form allowed her to wear what she wanted, when she wanted, and she looked great no matter what.

so... with all my ranting, let me say I mostly agree... I think sexual attraction that is limited to the form and not the person fizzles fast. Long lasting attraction to a person is multilayered and ultimately the form is just one part of the overall person.

threads like these teeter on this fine line between "we are perfect as we are" and "whats is so wrong with them"...

live and let live, but live like me... just isn't the same as live and let live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce breast size? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone!! I feel my breasts are a little huge for my age and they are going to increase after I have kids(as I have usually seen with ladies). Even when I go shopping, all dresses and shirts are tight from bust area when they fit nicely elsewhere! I don't want to go for any pills or...

Breast size: Does it matter to you [ 64 Answers ]

Hay, I've always wondered if us guys are majoritively more turned on by large tits or small ones as a matter of opinion. As far as I am concerned though I would perfer small ones, less to handle and I think they look far better when they are smaller and petite. And for you girls, do you think...

How to reduce my breast size ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, After my delivery I feel that my breast size is increased and my tummy size also, and I don't want to take any pills, if any physical exercise it will help me, please suggest. Thanks.

How to reduce breast size [ 6 Answers ]

How to reduce breast size by sme physical exercise

Decrease in Breast Size [ 1 Answers ]

This may be a bit superficial but here goes, I breast fed for the full first year with my Baby Girl. It was a wonderful experience and I am very glad I did it. I have lost all of my prenancy weight plus some extra. I have also lost the majority of my breast. I was a solid B cup before...

View more questions Search