Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indianguy123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Some guideance needed.with skin lightening
    Hi
    I am a 20 year old asian (indian) male. My skin colour is of an average asian guy, however I want to lighten my skin by a number of shades and want to do this permanently.

I have tried products such as fair and lovely for men. Bio claire but all these have made me darker after a while.

I have heard of Monobenzone and Benzylarbutin.

However due to lack of knowledge and understanding of what is best for me I would like your advice on how to achieve my look and how? And what are the risks involved?

Thank you very much.
    Missj28 Posts: 75, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by indianguy123
    hi
    i am a 20 year old asian (indian) male. my skin colour is of an average asian guy, however i want to lighten my skin by a number of shades and want to do this permanently.

i have tried products such as fair and lovely for men. bio claire but all these have made me darker after a while.

i have heard of Monobenzone and Benzylarbutin.

However due to lack of knowledge and understanding of what is best for me i would like your advice on how to achieve my look and how? and what are the risks involved?

thank you very much.
    I would avoid Benzyl Arbutin because it doesn't work for complete depig. I used it for 1.5 months at 60 bucks for a 4oz bottle, which only lasted a week. So it was 60 dollars a week. Also the only company which claimed the product exsists is herbal inn.
    No one else has ever heard of it and they don't carry it. The other companies did carry Arbutin, either alpha or beta. Even these chemical derivatives come at astronomical prices, I believe one price quote was 500 bucks for 1 oz of Beta Arbutin. Which isn't even as good as Alpha Arbutin.

Since you are already light, just go to monobenzone. You will probably have good results and will not have to worry so much about repig because you're already light enough.
    Branco Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missj28
    I would avoid Benzyl Arbutin because it doesn't work, I used it for 3 months at 60 bucks for a 4oz bottle, which only lasted a week. So it was 60 dollars a week. Also the only company which claimed the product exsists is herbal inn.
    No one else has ever heard of it and they don't carry it. The other companies did carry Arbutin, either alpha or beta. Even these chemical derivatives come at astronomical prices, I believe one price quote was 500 bucks for 1 oz of Beta Arbutin. Which isn't even as good as Alpha Arbutin.

Since you are already light, just go to monobenzone. You will probably have good results and will not have to worry so much about repig because youre already light enough.
    You stated in one of your earlier posts that you have been using BA for 1.5 months with great results, and you only posted that 4 or 5 days ago. So it can't possibly be that you have been using BA for 3 months. Saying BA is working great for you then a few days later telling someone that you used it for 3 months and saw no results. Your contradicting yourself.

hi
    i am a 20 year old asian (indian) male. my skin colour is of an average asian guy, however i want to lighten my skin by a number of shades and want to do this permanently.

i have tried products such as fair and lovely for men. bio claire but all these have made me darker after a while.

However due to lack of knowledge and understanding of what is best for me i would like your advice on how to achieve my look and how? and what are the risks involved?

thank you very much.
    Be careful with mono, it's only for people with vitiligo. A friend of mine used it for well over a year with good results then his skin repigged with one side of his face looking hiedious and he was asian as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Missj28
    I would avoid Benzyl Arbutin because it doesn't work for complete depig. I used it for 1.5 months at 60 bucks for a 4oz bottle, which only lasted a week. So it was 60 dollars a week. Also the only company which claimed the product exsists is herbal inn.

Since you are already light, just go to monobenzone. You will probably have good results and will not have to worry so much about repig because youre already light enough.
    Looks like someone edited there post lol
    indianguy123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 05:32 AM
    OK, so I if mono is for people with viltigo.

Does this mean I can use it or would you recommend not using it at all?

Is there any other way of lightening the skin permanently?

Thank you for all your replies to date.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Hey

As far I know the only permanent depigmentation agent on the market is mono, it turns your skin white

lighterrr

Jul 25, 2008, 09:01 AM
    ok, so i if mono is for people with viltigo.

does this mean i can use it or would you recommend not using it at all?

is there any other way of lightening the skin permanently?

thankyou for all your replies to date.
    Talk to your Dermatologist he will tell you what I have.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Hi

So branco what are you using, do tell

lighterrr

Jul 25, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr
    hi

so branco what r u using,, do tell

lighterrr
    I'm not using anything at the moment,nor have I ever tried a skinlightner in the past. May try a product in the next 3 months but for now I'm just focused more on my Bodybuilding competition.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 04:26 AM
    Hi
    Braco thanks for replying bodybuilding, hmmm do yoou take any supplements or muscle inhancers

Jul 26, 2008, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr
    hi
    braco thanks for replying bodybuilding,, hmmm do yoou take any supplements or muscle inhancers
    I take flax seed oil and glucosamine tablets for the joints. I also take creatine to help my performance in the gym and a whey protein supplement.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Jul 26, 2008, 07:00 AM
    ^That's great but this is the skin lightening section lol.

And for body building, don't you guys have to have tan, dark skin that's oiled down anyway? Lol

Jul 26, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D
    ^That's great but this is the skin lightening section lol.

And for body building, don't you guys have to have tan, dark skin that's oiled down anyway? lol
    I use a tanning lotion on the day of the competition, so do the other competitors. The tan makes the little detail in the physique show more on stage.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:40 AM
    Hi branco,

So why the interest in skin whitening and mono, are you planning on using it soon

lighterrr
    trina_is_here Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 09:16 PM
    hi

thank you very much.
    Hi, I'm also Asian and I found this online store in the Philippines. I am in Ca but they were able to ship to me. I ordered several items though, like kojic soap, kojic cream and kojic lotion. So far I as well as others have noticed that I have fairer skin.

On top of that, I minimize sun exposure. But if I really have to, I use hats and umbrellas. Oh and the derma advised me to wear sunblock all the time even when I'm indoors or even when it's cloudy outside.

Btw, the wesite is: www. Asianskincare.wetpaint.com.

Hope that helped you somehow!
    absolutkaos Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 01:25 AM
    I would go with monobenzone 5% for your skin color
    Bilal_Ali Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 10:43 PM

indianguy123 for you I think Branco give best suggestion for you.
    If you are not suffering from skin condition Vitiligo then not use monobenzone.
    You might use as well some home remedies like lemon juice with glycerin for skin lightening.
    mcgm802820 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2008, 09:07 AM

absolutkaos, are u using mono ? Do u think 5% will do ? Thanks.
    Bilal_Ali Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 03:31 AM

Don't use Monobenzone and Benzylarbutin for lightening of skin if you not have skin condition Vitiligo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Lightening my skin with monobenzone has messed my skin up [ 86 Answers ]

I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. Well I'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. Of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. My arms, face, legs, cheast . Is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. And I've been going to dermatologist about it and they say...

Why skin lightening? [ 8 Answers ]

I've always tried to understand skin lightening? Don't think that I am being condescending, I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to lighten their beautiful dark skin?? Please explain :confused:

Skin lightening [ 2 Answers ]

can any expert tell whether there are any safe and natural skin lightening products that are safe to use for babies.what age is the right to start any product.my niece is 11 months and has variable complexion her face is fair and body relatively much darker.does anybody have personal experience...

Skin lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything like the lightening pill or bleaching cream.and is the effect permanent.

View more questions Search