Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chip417 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Pregnant with IUD?
    I had the Mirena put in February of this year. A month or do ago I started having no periods only a clear discharge daily, my breasts have grown and my tummy is now larger and firm. I gained like 8 pounds in two days with eating little and helping my friends move. I now vomit frequently and feel ill and I am so tired all the time and feel out of breath easy. My bowel movements have changed, but I didn't think I could get pregnant with the mirena.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 03:16 PM
    So, what is the question here? Are you asking how you could be pregnant? An IUD is 99% effective. So, it's not impossible to get pregnant while using it. And it's always best to use secondary contraceptive. Take a pregnancy test. Gaining eight pounds after your first missed period most likely has little to do with being pregnant (if you are). You could just be bloated, you could have a bladder infection, there really are a number of things. Take a pregnancy test.
    jessirich Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 06:47 PM
    I agree with chihuahua. Take a test, but gaining that much weight after 1 missed period doesn't sound right. Keep us posted!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Could I be pregnant again! [ 7 Answers ]

Last time I was pregnant my partner started eating strange food, even food he don't like! Now he is doing it again. I am sleeping a lot,eating a lot,crying a lot and shouting a lot :D . Could I be pregnant again?

View more questions Search