Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oOLadyOo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Neighbors from he!
    My next door neighbors are two older females which one takes care of another and she has and has adopted a boy from her husbands mistress which did drugs with him during the pregnancy. This child is severely ADHD and have a mental disability. Now when we first moved here no one would play with this kid, they told me that they always made fun of him for whatever reason, and I teach my kids no one is different from anyone else for any reason and not to make fun of people. So now this kid has 2 new friends to play with. As time went on I noticed that he would make my boys fight against each other, and tell them things like "if you don't do this then Im not going to be your friend" so eventually I stopped them from playing with him. So the women get attitudy with me because now that boy has no one to play with once again. Later down the line I started seeing a white man who one of these ladies known for years before I came around and always had a huge crush on him, shortly after that police were coming to my door with statements like, my sons are beating her boy up, teasing, threatening, cops told them to take it to mangagement and they couldn't find anything that my boys were actually doing these things, which they didn't, so next time around CPS is at my door, stating that there was a reported call of physical abuse to the kids, they came investigated, found nothing and closed the case within a week or so. During this time the cops are still being called for insignificant things that never happened. One day my boys were outside riding skate boards, one of them fell doing a trick and scrapped his knees and elbows. CPS comes out again with the same allegations, this time they take the kids into custody and start a case. My son has told them over and over that I did not do this to him that he fell off his skateboard, the marks on his elbows and knees looks like he feel on the turf, but because these women constantly calls CPS and the police they said they just want to look into it further to make sure abuse is not going on. Now with them this boy of theirs cusses at them, hits them, throws things at them and I have heard and seen them hit him back, pull his hair, call him a F'N retard, cat and dog feces throughout the house, hardly ever any food, dirty clothes all over and a stinch that makes you think a dead person is in there. Just recently they called the police on me because I was sweeping out the hall way and hit there door with the broom which made their dogs start barking, she comes out yelling that she was going to call the police cause I threatened her with the broom. The police came and told me to start filing harassment charges against them. Technically if this was a one time incident I wouldn't bother, but now Im at the point where I want to call CPS on them and get them kicked out of the complex all together. I don't like to be like this towards people, when they see that I ignore them they usually give up but I just can't deal with this anymore, what should I do??
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Take the cop advice and file your own report. My friends sued her neighbors and won. Also, is it possible to move for your own piece of mind.

If her living condition is that horrible then call cps. Have you contacted management about her and if possible file complaints with them and get a copy for yourself in case needed.

Get a notebook and keep record of everything she do, record date and time too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Any time and I do mean anytime CPS is involved get an attorney,

You should have the management of the rental on speed dial and make them tired of hearing from you. You should forbid your kids from even talking to this boy.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2008, 04:53 AM
    One time incident? This woman HAS BEEN harassing you and your sons and using her son to help. You need to tell CPS that she is turning you in for spite and that they actually need to go to HER house and check the conditions and name them. AND file harassment charges on her like the police said. I have heard the police tell domestic violence/neighbor harassed people that "IF they get called one more time they are taking ALL parties concerned to jail" IF you play the nice neighbor it could end up costing you especially when it comes to CPS involvement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbors? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a married couple with no children that lives above (I live a condo) me. I have lived here for 5 yrs. With my girlfriend. Three months after I moved in I hookup my stereo. After only 3 songs played he was knocking on my door to turn down my music. I didn't because first it wasn't loud and...

At War with the neighbors [ 12 Answers ]

The neighbors downstairs will not quit! They are constantly banging on the ceiling and the walls and it is quite annoying. I have notified the on- site property manager and all he can do is tell them to stop doing it. They will never stop, they are very confrontational and I am fed up! At this...

Bad Bad Neighbors [ 7 Answers ]

My sister lives in a major city. Her apartment is on the third floor of brownstone type building. Her and her husband love the place and their landlord; but not the tenants that live downstairs. It seems that when they get drinking the boyfriend gets violent. The other day my sister and her...

Neighbors [ 20 Answers ]

We have had some fun and some sad stories about our next door neighbors Would everyone like to share some of theirs with us. ** today I was getting ready for our winter weather, I got my generator out and get it started, well in about 30 min my next door neighbor got his out and started...

My new neighbors [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbors have had a street light instulled and lights up my entire front yard and half of my home.. it is very disturbing to me and the way I was used to living how can I take care of the new and very annoying problem?

View more questions Search