Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katie609 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Loves not real.
    I just want to know that there's one just one guy out there at least who is genuinly in love with a girl. I mean real love.
    I feel like it can't be true like my parents got divorced when I was young, I mean now I have a stepdad but they argue allll the time
    And all guys want from me is sex! Like once I feel like our relationship starts to actually get real I find out the truth.
    I just want someone to prove me wrong.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Most (not all) failed relationships are traced to selfishness. It's not a lack of love, it's a lack of sacrificial behavior. It's a lack of selfLESSness.

It's very unAmerican to give up something, especially our rights. Being "right" is at the center of many a divorce. You can't be "right" in arguments and be empathetic and loving. Winning an argument because you're right wins a battle, but so often loses the war.

There are TONS of successful marriages out there. People sneer at those couples, because one or both of them are deferring to one another in ways that appear to be "weak".

Being weak is my definition of a strong marriage. Do you love your mate enough enough to not need to win against them? Can you NOT think less of your loved one just because they made a mistake or are wrong and won't budge?

Yes, you can. It's just very unAmerican.

Real love is everywhere. Love is easy. Commitment and sacrificial love... THAT'S hard because it means you have to put another person above your own rights.

TRUE LOVE is very unAmerican... and I wouldn't give it up for any amount of "correctness" or "rights".
    Lo02 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 12:25 AM
    When you least expect it, when you have made peace with yourself and your ready to live life for you and not in constant search of your other half they will be there.

The heart can't be rushed as much as it may hurt the wait is definatley worth it because real love isn't a one time thing.
    You can fall in love mutiple time but its only meant to be once.

And when you find that person nothing can change your mind.
    Because no matter how much you fight and scream and cry and wait.
    The heart never lies.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 26, 2008, 10:34 PM
    You have to understand that relationships, may fail.. and you can get hurt. After you get over that fear, you need to understand with each failure.. you grow. Love does exist.. And yes its hard to feel that it could when all around you are horrible examples. You are a worth while person, and yes you may be tricked a few times along the way.. But you learn to read the signs quicker... and the perfect guy description in your head changes. Love will happen for you... don't go looking for it. When you look for it, you become desperate. And you settle. Why would you want to settle? When there are worth while men out there...
    DrLang Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2008, 07:17 PM
    I am deeply in love with my fiancée, and we have been together for three years. I feel like the more time I spend with her and the more I get to know her, I actually love her more every day.

Love is real, but be careful where you look for it. Often times it is overly romanticized as a charming man coming in to sweep you off you feet and endless passion. But the truth is, love comes from deep friendship. When you find love, they will feel like your best friend.

Unfortunately it sounds like you have a bad role model for relationships, since how our parents are with each other is how we naturally view ideal relationships. You'll run into plenty of smooth talking guys in your life, and watch out for them. They are rarely what you are looking for. Also, don't get discouraged. It can take a while to find your true love. I was 23 and my fiancé was 19 when we discovered each other.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Don't be so down on everything dear as you grow and learn and expand your horizons and understanding of how things work you will see there is plenty of good people who love all over the place. You just can't see it... yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real stats/ real decisions [ 1 Answers ]

You work for a manufacturing company as a statistical process analyst. Your job is to analyze processes and make sure they are in statistical control. In on process, a machine cuts wood boards to a thickness of 25 millimeters with acceptable margin of error of +/- 0.6 millimeter. (Assume this...

Which HYIPS are real?Which are scams?Are they real at all? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,I am a medical student and I have been looking for some means to invest online and make some money to pay my tuition.I got to know about these High Yield Investment Programs and I really want to know which are real and which are scams.I would be very glad if you people can shed light on this...

He doesn't know if he loves me [ 10 Answers ]

I guess I should let him go and give him time and wait till he comes bak but I don't know what to do... :(

Hey found an article about first loves and loves in my local paper, might interest you! [ 2 Answers ]

Love Story (from Bournemouth Echo) Might interest you, :P Nothing amazing but its sweet, a book is listed there some may be interetsed in.

Two loves [ 2 Answers ]

All right its long... Me and my friend, Jane, started living together when I was 13, because my mother was into drugs, and she had a crush on this guy, Jake who is four years old then me, so 17, I didn't like him at first but then I did and jane and jake were going out and I didn't want to ruin...

View more questions Search