Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CPU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 04:28 PM
    what does it mean to insert a disk in drive F
    I got this new flash drive called tough drive( ATP 8GB Rugged High Speed 200X USB Tough Drive, Model AF8GUFT1BK) but like in the description I have to insert a disk and I have no idea what to do and I already try pluggin the drive to the usb ports in the back also I am young so if u have and answer for this try to make it simple and short
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 05:27 PM
    What os are you using, 98, XP or Vista?

Does anything or what does happen when you insert the disk into the usb port?

When inserted in to the PC, can you see it recognized as a drive in windows explorer?

Compatibility Plug and Play

Operating Systems:
    Windows 2000
    Windows Me
    Windows XP
    Mac OS 8.6
    Linux Kernel 2.4.0 or above
    Any instructions, as above states, it is a plug and play device, the system should recognize it when inserted with above operating system, may not work with VISTA

Try to provide as much info to better try and help

-what you did
    -did the PC see it
    -what steps you did after inserting disk
    Anything that may help
    jensallen Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CPU
    i got this new flash drive called tough drive( ATP 8GB Rugged High Speed 200X USB Tough Drive, Model AF8GUFT1BK) but like in the description i have to insert a disk and i have no idea wat to do and i already try pluggin the drive to the usb ports in the back also i am young so if u have and answer for this try to make it simple and short
    When you first inserted your flash drive, your computer probably identified it as drive f:
    If you saved something onto the drive or installed something from the drive onto the computer, then the computer is going to search for that drive to retrieve the needed files to finalize a process or repair a damaged file.
    lamina idris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 07:24 AM
    What u need to do is that u will go to devices manager to check may be the usb has be disable

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please insert a disk into drive D: [ 4 Answers ]

Why do I keep getting 'Please insert a disk into drive D' when I've inserted the disk already and try to open my it? Will I ever be able to view the contents ever again?:mad:

Please insert disk into drive A [ 7 Answers ]

I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but...

Drive not ready. Insert boot disk into drive A: [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently trying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp. I have upgraded the RAM to 256. When I reboot I get "Drive not ready.. Insert Boot Disk into Drive A:". I have gone into the BIOS and have changed the boot sequence to boot first from the hard drive then the cd rom. It still...

Please insert a disk into Drive D [ 4 Answers ]

My DVD+-R/RW drives do not recognize any Disks. I have tried these drives in anoher computer and They work fine. I keep getting the "Please insert a disk into drive D:," error when I use them in this Computer. I have already tried using differnet disks. Last time I remember burning a DVD...

Please insert disk into drive A [ 4 Answers ]

I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but...

View more questions Search