Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DSJ05 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Relationship Problems.I just don't get the "break"
    Ok this is my story. I started talking to my best friends cousin and we really clicked. Just one problem... I'm 19 and she's 15. I talked to her mom about it and she didn't have a problem with it cause she's know me since I was little. I asked my best friend if he had any problems with us dating and he said no cause he trusts me and knows I'm a good guy. So we started dating and we really hit it off. One month went by everything was cool. Two months when by still everything was cool. We had little arguments here and there but that's normal. Well about a week before our 3rd month which would be today she just started to change. I got home from work on Tuesday night and I called her to see how she was. Well she picked up the phone and she was kind of slow acting. I asked if she was okay and she said that she had a really bad headache and that her stomach was upset cause she found some 80 proof vodka in the fridge. (she isn't a drinker so this was a big surprise to me) So I was fine with that cause I did the same stuff when I was younger. So I asked well how much did you drink. She said a cup full. Now I'm a slim guy so that would have got me drunk. I got upset and told her that if you were going to do this that we would have problems. She said sorry and I accepted it and everything was cool. The next day I went to her house before I had to go to work and we had fun. We washed my car played in the pool and everything was okay. So I went to work. The day after that is when she really started to act weird. She had been talking to her "guy friends" which I didn't know of until a few days before we started having problems. She didn't pick up the phone when I called and it took a while before she did which isn't normal. When we were talking one of her guy friends beeped in. A few minutes. Went by and she beeped back in and asked if this guy could have a 3 way conversation with us. I didn't know what to say so I said sure. The guy got off the phone and we had a okay conversation until they beeped back in so I blew up at her but I apologized and we were okay. Then the next day I picked her up from work but she acted like I wasn't even there. She acted like she didn't want to have anything to do with me. Then on Saturday she wouldn't answer my phone calls so I called her from work and talked to her to basically apologize. Well she went to Cincinnati with her family and that night she called me at home and told me that we need to take a break. I was fine with that cause I agree that we do need a break but now I don't know what to do. Like should I do the no contact rule or what. I could use some advice right now and if you have any questions about our relationship or anything else just ask.
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Jul 20, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Sounds like she may needsome time to grow up.and does not know how to tell you. Give her some time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Sorry guy, I think her interests have changed, and a break, is a break up. Give her what she asked for, and let her contact you.

Jul 21, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Thanks for your answers. There really helping me out a lot. Thanks again
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Just me, she put you on hold while she explores other areas of interest. If it doesn't work, she still has you, right? Me, I'm out of there, and pursuing my own interests.
    Why wait for someone to make up their mind about being with you, when you can move on to better things??
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 10:12 AM
    As Talaniman so eloquently says, time and time again, "NEVER make someone a priority in your life, while allowing them to make you an option in theirs." Keep reading his signatures... he really knows what to do.

I agree with him, you need to move on. I know its hard and that you think she was the "only one" for you, but DSJ, she needs to grow up. You're 19, you're 4 years older than her.. let her grow up. You have experience so much more... start looking for someone who is at the same point in their life.

I wish you the best, and I hope that you will start to heal soon... and that you'll find that perfect girl very soon! :)

Jul 22, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Here's an update. I think she already has a new boyfriend. Oh well I'm now talking to 3 girls and I have a date on Friday so I'm getting over her. Just thought I would let you all know. Thanks for all the help!! :)
    scorpio24x Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Hey man I'm new here but I want to share something with u. Im 24 and I'm having lots of problems with my fiancé. She asked me for time and I'm giving it to her but I'm also moving on. I know how hard it is but just let it go, think about you and do things you didn't do before, that will help you a lot and eventually ull feel much better. I wish you the best and don't become a player, you need time to heal so good luck and stay away from her maybe she doesn't deserve u

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to handle a "break" in the relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok well I was with a girl for over a year and a half. And although there was niggles in the relationship we were fine. Then work moved her to a different branch which is a good hour and a half bus ride to get to and from, so when she starts at 8 she has to be up at 6 and then she doesn't get home...

9 month relationship, 1 week break, she wants to "start over" [ 34 Answers ]

All the threads about this relationship have been merged First off, I am a 28 y/o male. My ex is 26 y/o. We have dated about 9 months. Throughout the beginning of the relationship, she would almost every month go through these "we're not right for eachother" things, which began to wear on me....

View more questions Search