Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fenderstrummer28 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 08:42 PM
    I want to be taller
    So my dad's 5'11 and my mom's 5'1.

I'm a male and about 5'7 and 1/2 and 16. I'm wondering if I will ever reach 6 foot.

Any answers?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 08:56 PM
    How tall are your grandfathers and uncles? Are any of them 6' or taller?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 09:01 PM
    My hubby is 6'1" and all the males on both sides of his family were under 5'9", so anything is possible.

You're sixteen, you haven't stopped growing yet, just wait and see. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 09:05 PM
    My two sons' father, uncles, and grandfathers were around 5'10" or taller, but my sons are under 5'10". Yes, anything is possible. You are still growing until around 21, so be patient.

What will happen if you are 6' tall?

Jul 18, 2008, 09:25 PM
    My mom's mom is like an inch shorter than she is, and her dad is a about as tall as me and her brother is about 5'9/5'10

My dads mom I don't know because I never see her, but his dad is like 1 or 2 inches taller than me and his 2 brothers I know are exactly 6 foot
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Sadly, height is mostly genetics + nutrition... not much you can do to "grow taller" except rest well, eat well, and of course, keep yourself healthy.

As far as genetics, no one call you how tall you'll be (unless they check out your growth plate, calculate your hormonal (tsh excretion), osteoclast activity, etc. etc. etc.).

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 22... my dad is 5'5" and my mother is 5'4"... I'm 5'8" and my 15 year old brother is 5'10"

You're 16. PLENTY of time to grow.

Jul 18, 2008, 09:29 PM
    And also... does anybody know the average age that humans stop growing?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 09:31 PM
    I said 21. Sneezy?
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
    It really depends on when you start your puberty, how much growth plate you have in your long bones, and how much hormones you excrete.

Average male stops growing at 21, but there have been cases where males continued to grow a little until 25. Females generally stop around 18.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    Wondergirl agrees: *swoon* My medical hero!
    Wondergirl, you know you're my heroine, right? (the.. legendary wondergirl ;))

I greatly appreciate everything you've done for me... seriously.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    wondergirl, you know you're my heroine, right? (the..legendary wondergirl ;))

I greatly appreciate everything you've done for me...seriously.
    When will your diary be published? Before the OP turns 21 and is 6' tall?
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Haha, I'm working on it (I promise! Already e-mailed cosmo ;))

With more and more people PM-ing me and telling me how much they enjoyed reading my multiple-page thread and how it helped them, I look back and think of all the wonderful things you said to me during that rough patch, and for that, I am forever grateful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 years old. My mom is 4 11" and my dad is 5 9". Im only 4 10 and a half. I know. Pathetic. And the worst part is, I really don't think I'm growing anymore. I already got 2 growth spirts and my last one was either last year or in 5th grade. I really don't think I'm going to grow...

I want to get taller [ 10 Answers ]

I really want to get taller! I'm 5 feet tall, 16 years old... I've been doing a lot of research on pills mainly bcause I really don't like shots... I talked to my pediatrician and said that considering the date I got my first period it is very hard that I might grow up a couple more inches and...

Short guy/ taller girl [ 12 Answers ]

I recently got back in touch (via MySpace) with an old classmate; when her and I were in school, I was totally in love with her, but I was too shy to pursue it, and I've always kicked myself for not having took the chance with her. We seem to be getting along fine through our messages online; I've...

Can I become more taller? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am 25 years old and my height is 5'2". My father is also 5'2" in height. My mother is 5'4" tall and my younger sister who is only 16 years old is already 5'7" tall. I wish to know the reason for me being short and whether I can grow taller than my sister. I have always seen...

Is he going to get any taller? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. This may be a strange question, but Im curious. You may not even be able to answer it. So here it goes... Me and my boyfriend are both 15. Im 5'6 1/2 And he is 6'4" He is almost a foot taller then me. Do you think he will get any taller? Its not a growth spurt or anything.

View more questions Search