Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cherokee333 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Is there any laws that says you have to say the truth
    I'm in class and I have a topic of freedom of the press I need as much facts to argue against the other team we are the cons,against freedom of the press help us please.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Please review the guidelines on asking for help with homework that can be found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/arts-l...board-b-u.html

There are laws against perjury, slander and libel that require people to tell the truth.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Look up the difference between freedom of speech and slander, perjury and libel as scott said
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Hello C:

There's only ONE argument for the con side... The government can't DO the things it wants to do if they can be spied upon by the governed.

There's only ONE argument for the pro side... The government can't DO the things it wants to do if they can be spied upon by the governed.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee333
    im in class and i have a topic of freedom of the press i need as much facts to argue against the other team we are the cons,against freedom of the press help us please.

I thought you were working in an office and about to get married?
    amannm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Well yes there are laws compelling you to tell the truth
    In court, in business dealings, any contractual deals, real estate. Is there a specific law that says if you lie about ANYTHING it is illegal? No.

Marianne
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 01:16 PM
    I don't know if the newspapers had to only post the complete truth, would we have most of our political articles. Would Rush or Neal have radios shows,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The truth about me. [ 103 Answers ]

I can’t believe that I’m writing this, I still don’t know if it’s a good idea, but I guess it’s time I did, so here it goes. First, for anyone that knows me on this site, you all know that I strongly believe in safe sex for our teens, or better yet, abstinence. I’ve spoken my mind about this...

The truth [ 8 Answers ]

I didn't really know where to post this,b ut I figured why not put it in the religious discussions where everyone seems to go ato one point or another. I just want to see who thinks truth is relative and who thinks truth is absolute. State what you believe and why you believe it please.

Why tell the truth. [ 5 Answers ]

A couple was going out for the evening. They'd gotten ready, All dolled-up , dog put out, etc. The taxi arrives and as they start, the dog shoots back in the house. They don't want the dog shut in, so the wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes upstairs to chase the dog out. The wife, not...

Tell the truth? [ 1 Answers ]

My exbf broke up with me in early Dec. We live an hour away, he hadn't had a GF since his last 3 years ago and thoguht he was ready. Well he wasn't. Said wanted to keep in touch hang out occasionally and if it works out get back together eventually.. Well since then we have hung out a few time...

Is it better to know truth, than to believe a lie? [ 33 Answers ]

Would you like to (know) there is a God? Or, would you like to (believe) there is a god? :confused:

View more questions Search