Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motherof4ga Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Can I legally evict ex boyfriend?
    He's been living with me for a while, but has never paid the mortgage. He does pay some utilities, but now is refusing to leave. We have kids together and I think his reason for staying is to avoid paying child support. He is verbally abusive and has made threats. I fear that he will harm me physically, but has not yet. I tried to get a TPO and was denied because there is not physical abuse, just verbal. How can I evict him?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Do you have custody of the children with provisions for child support?

Jul 15, 2008, 09:55 AM
    I still have custody of the kids. We've never been married and he has never legitimized the kids. There is not a child support order and I don't believe I can get it while he is living with me.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Who owns the home? Or, in whose name is the lease?

Jul 15, 2008, 10:32 AM
    I own the home, he just lives there.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 10:37 AM
    You may need to make a demand for possession in writing. Here's a link for filing an eviction in Georgia. Georgia Evictions
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by motherof4ga
    He's been living with me for a while, but has never paid the mortgage. He does pay some utilities, but now is refusing to leave. We have kids together and I think his reason for staying is to avoid paying child support. He is verbally abusive and has made threats. I fear that he will harm me physically, but has not yet... How can I evict him?
    I believe you can file a petition/complaint asking for custody of the children, child support etc. and his removal of the home, along with the protections of the statutorily specified standing order: "Enjoins and restrains each party from doing or attempting to do or threatening to do any act which injures, maltreats, vilifies, molests, or harasses or which may, upon judicial determination, constitute threats, harassment, or stalking the adverse party or the child or children of the parties or any act which constitutes a violation of other civil or criminal laws of this state." 19-1-1 - Georgia 19-1-1 - Georgia Code :: Justia

Jul 15, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Thank you George_1950! You've been very helpful!
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 10:52 AM
    You are welcome; I hope you will get a lawyer, and get your will completed during your house-cleaning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally evict my 18 year old? [ 10 Answers ]

My eighteen year old daughter is headstrong and disobedient and insists that since she is 18, she can do whatever she wants. She believes that I cannot tell her what to do anymore, and that if she is asked to pay rent, that she is not accountable to me. Of course, I disagree since she is living...

How do I legally evict a roommate... as soon as possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I let my sister in law move in to my house in which I currently have a 12 month lease. She is not on the lease and I need to get rid of her. She is always late or short with the rent and I believe she is doing drugs. I want her out but I want to do it legally so she has no recourse other than to...

Can I legally evict ex boyfriend? [ 15 Answers ]

He's been living with me for a while, but has never paid the mortgage. He does pay some utilities, but now is refusing to leave. He is verbally abusive and has made threats. I fear that he will harm me physically, but has not yet. I tried to get a TPO and was denied because there is not physical...

How can I legally evict my boyfriend who's not on my lease? [ 1 Answers ]

In Columbus, OH I've been renting my apartment now for close to 6 years and I let my useless boyfriend move in when he didn't have anywhere else to go. Well that was 4 years ago and now I want him out. He isn't on my lease, he's out of work, and he doesn't contribute to the rent at all. He...

View more questions Search