Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KateBell88 Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Jul 14, 2008, 02:07 AM
    Do I risk it?
    I tend to fall for a guy fairly easily if he's sweet to me, I know that must sound self-centred but I like to make people feel good about themselves so a guy who does the same I tend to fall for. This guy I have been friends with for 2yrs, we have always flirted but nothing ever happened until recently. Now I find myself attracted to him but I don't want to get into anything either because he can be so unreliable - I might text him and he might only get back to me 2 weeks later. He seems to really care about me though. Do I take the risk of getting stuffed around?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 14, 2008, 03:03 AM
    First off, are you willing to lose your friendship with him if it doesn't work out? That is a definite possibility, and you could possibly ruin the whole friendship.

Second, you mentioned his unreliability. Are you willing to deal with that, and any other flaws he might have that you don't think you could live with on a daily basis?

If you said no to either of those things, I suggest just keeping him as a friend, and maybe bring things up to him in casual conversation, about why he doesn't get back to you. Maybe he just has other things going on, and he is busy!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 05:01 AM
    Life is risk. Being cautious feels like you're not risking, but that's not true. Being cautious is you risking not experiencing the joys life has laid in front of you.

Getting hurt is always a risk, but so what? I think falling in love and having someone love you back is just as painful when it's happening, love is pain, so why not go for it if you're going to be getting hurt in one manner or another anyway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Risk factors [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I would like to ask you, if you know what risk factors should be considred when dealing with retirement plans such as 401k in particularly

View more questions Search