Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myskinnyshep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 05:06 PM
    I need my german shephard to gain weight
    My german shep is very skinny and small she is 3yrs old and looks like a skinny collie, I am worried she is too skinny she is not very nice to touch as you can feel all her bones quite prominently, is there something I can use to try to build her up I've tried to feed her more but its not working and she doesn't have worms.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 05:32 PM
    What type of dog food are you feeding her? Perhaps you need to change the brand or get another type.

Second: have you been to the vet and have they done a full exam?

Third: how much water is she getting and is it fresh and clean... in other words would you drink it? (well you know... not out of the bowl but out of the spicket?)

Hope you are able to get her to gain weight!
    myskinnyshep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 05:42 PM
    She is on vitalin fussy eater diet, she isn't fussy she just seemed to prefer it, I haven't taken her to the vet bacause I'm worried they will take her away because she looks neglected (she isnt) but she looks it her coat is poor as well. I couldn't lose my baby she doesn't seem ill if she did then I would take her but she doesn't look good either.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 05:54 PM
    What about her appetite... is it still good or is she not eating? This could be a problem with your dogs pancreas or even her thyroid.

If your dog is so unhealty that it looks too skinny and that even you notice a difference than something serious may be wrong... the time for action is before she is really sick. So many things can be making your dog sick... and if you don't take it to the vet you don't know if it's worms or not. Forget about weather or not they think that your abusing the dog if she dies and you did nothing they can arrest you or fine you.

Take your dog to the vet before it's too late!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My german shepard won't gain weight [ 6 Answers ]

I have tried everything!! My German Shepard won't gain weight at all. He is little. Any suggestions on a good wormer or med or food I could give him? I can't take him to the vet cause his temper is not the greatest. Please someone tell me something!!

I need my dog to gain weight [ 14 Answers ]

Hello I was just wondering I have a dog is an american pitbull terrier but he doesn't gain weight I already used redcell to see if that would help but it doesn't I mean he does gain weight but his body doesn't change he looks the same but heavier so I would like to know if any one knows how to make...

My dog needs to gain weight,what can I do [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just bought a house my dog had never slept outside before this day he's a 6 month old male pitbull,last Friday we moved into a new house with a very big back yard Saturday my dog stop eating,but started puking clear looked like just spit, today is Tuesday 7/17/07 it's been 10 days since my...

How Can I Gain Weight? [ 1 Answers ]

I Am 16 Years Old And Have A One Year Old Son. Before I Became Pregnant With Him I Weighed 115 Pounds. During The Pregnancy I Weighed 140 Pounds And I Now Weigh 104 Pounds. I Hate How Skinny I Look, I Hate The Way My Clothes Fit Me And I Have Never Had A Problem With The Way I Look But It Now Seems...

View more questions Search