Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williafr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Funny odor from a tooth
    So I wake up the other day and realized that my last tooth in the bottom left side of my mouth started hurting. And so I took a look at it in the mirror and there seemed to be nothing wrong with it. And then I felt it and when I smelled the saliva it had I very bad odor. What could this be?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:02 PM
    I could be incorrect, but to me, it sounds like it's decayed and that you just can't see where it's decayed. I know that when I have had a tooth that is badly decayed, that there will be a bad taste as well as smell from my mouth.

We do have a dentistry expert on this site whom I'm sure will be along to address your question.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 05:01 AM
    Clough is right, the tooth could have a cavity between it and the one in front or at the very back of it where you can't see. It is possible that the wisdom tooth (if the tooth you are talking about is NOT the wisdom tooth) may be infected. The other possibility is that you have a gum infection in that area. I suggest you see your dentist and have him take a look. In the mean time, brush the area well and rinse with warm salt water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Funny baby tooth [ 1 Answers ]

My son just turned a year and has 6 teeth. I noticed this morning that he has a back tooth that came in that is paper thin and had a bit of blood on it. I have searched on the interenet and can't find anything out. Can anyone help?

Funny dog [ 5 Answers ]

My dog pooped on my kitchen floor before I could let him out this morning and I opened the back door and before I could scold him for pooping on my floor he picks up the poop with his mouth and runs out the door with it. LOL Well at least he knows where it belongs :)

View more questions Search