Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2004, 07:29 AM
    Horn clockspring coincidental breakage?
    A few month ago, I had a local service shop replace my ignition switch in my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500. This required him to tear down the steering column. After I picked up the truck, I noticed that my horn no longer worked. Since the horn was working fine before I took the truck in, we assumed that the mechanic failed to put everything back right.

Yesterday I took the truck to the dealer for other servicing, and asked him to see if he could straighten out the horn problem while it was in the shop. This morning, he called to tell me that I needed a new clockspring. He said that his serviceman had "tested" the clockspring and it was bad. A new one is $178.

My question is this. Is it easy to damage a clockspring? It seems very coincidental for the clockspring to fail at the same time that the steering column was being worked on. Any thoughts?

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Honda Civic Horn [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All: How do I attach the wries to the horn for a 1995 Honda Civic? Which wires go where? TIA Mike

Horn sounds /water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... trumpet sounds are heard every time we flush, turn on the water etc. It is getting worse. What is the problem and can we fix it? Teddybear42

Horn repair [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to fix my 93 civic horn and can't find a free manual to help. Any suggestions

Excessive Lease Breakage Fees? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi - I rented an Apartment in PA and signed a six month lease back in Jan with the explicit intention of not renewing it. I never received any notice from the landlord asking me if I wanted to renew the lease or move out, and I assumed I did not have to do anything for the lease to expire. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.