Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DCFC10 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 08:15 AM
    How do girls like being approached
    Hi dudes..

How can I approach girls without seeming creepy?

I am an good looking guy of 20 that gets a fair few stares in clubs and around places.. how do girls want to be approached? Is there any kind of technique that works?
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jul 10, 2008, 08:29 AM
    There's no method that's guaranteed to work. It depends on the girl, her mood, and whether she thinks you seem interesting.

If you're approaching a girl you've never met, just introduce yourself and see if you can get a conversation started. If it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, walk away before it fizzles into embarrassment. DON'T try pick-up lines, and be careful about offerring to buy drinks for her. Some girls will appreciate/be flattered by that kind of offer, but others will find it "creepy".

A guy might have no luck with a girl one day, but with a different girl (or even the same girl on a different day) have complete success, without any differences in his approach. We're a bit onconsistent I'm sorry to say. :P

Try to keep sex off the brain. If you're concerned too much about picking up, it's likely to come across in your conversation and body language. If you're prepared to just chat, and looked relaxed and friendly, you should be OK. Don't expect too much all at once.

Sorry if I've just been repeating myself... it's pretty late over here.

Kal
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Well I'm only 16 and have had no boyfriend experience but I know for a fact that I'm always scared when it comes to guys like talking to me unless they are like friends or just I'm not into them that's fine. But I would say just give her a compliment but don't sound corny don't say hot say beautiful. Little things like that will change the whole dating scene for you. And might attract more classy girls. Hope I helped. Mail me?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Dress nicely, no wild "experiments" in wardrobe, OK? You only get one chance at first impressions so go for nice dress-casual.

Ask a girl to dance: "Would you honor me with a dance?"
    "Hey, show me that move!"
    "You're a great dancer. You're not a professional dancer are you? Hey, wait, that sounds bad...*fake blush*"

Now you're having fun and still not risking talking much yet. Don't be aggressive dancing unless she opens that door.

After dancing, consider letting her go, or offering to buy her a drink then wishing her a good night. The goal is to appear like you're having fun and meeting people and suffering no stress over it at all. The ULTIMATE goal is to have her impressed by your confidence and lack of stress so she offers up her number on her own without having to be asked.

You might even do this several times over several nights with many many women before one responds properly, but won't that be a worthwhile investment? Meanwhile, you're dancing and learning some new moves.
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Jul 11, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Always help her! Always!
    Pay attention on what kind of help she might need, you know. I like a warm hearted person who cares about others.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Pay attention to how they are paying attention to you. If they keep looking over your way and smiling it could be an indication that they want you to talk to them. If they keep singling you out like they want to meet you then offer to buy them a drink/pepsi. If they are interested in talking to you they will open up and the conversation should go smooth. If they act like 'he buys me a drink and then acts like I owe him a conversation' then get out quick.
    helpnow Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Jul 11, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I personally hate getting picked up in a club because 99% of the guys in there are after one thing... I don't know if you are looking for a girl for the night or looking for the girl of your dreams... so I guess depending on your motivation I would say if it is the latter than be yourself and strike up a conversation that is genuine.
    _Baby_Penguin_ Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 10:45 PM
    NO PICK UP LINES; they're not creepy just cheesy annoying and a BIG turn-off... I mean can I buy you something to drink is OK... but outside of that: no... umm... if you're at a club ask her to dance... try starting a conversation... a comment about the song playing or something should get it started... I mean there isn't any guarantee of what'll do it... but... those are just some hints
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 10:51 PM
    1. Walk up to a girl.
    2. say, "hi. My name is DCFC10...and you are...?"
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Well I always found it was best to be myself. Be courteous, sincere, honest, and respectable. This is just for starters.
    And as AandZ4ever puts it, don't use "hot" as a compliment. That is not you talking, that is your hormones talking. It also shows the girl that you are not seeing her as a person, rather you are simply seeing her as a sex object. Remember the first part of the answer I gave you? This doesn't fit in any of those categories. You may say it fits the "honest" category, but even though, it is still very disrespectful to the young lady and tags you as a "horndog". You must respect the young lady. Tell her she is beautiful or very pretty, but leave the "HOT" for describing the heat from the sun on a hot and sunny day.

Fyi- horndog defined- my word used to describe someone that simply is horny, and sees the sexual attraction of a female ONLY and doesn't really care about them as a person. Not saying that females should not be seen as pretty. Just remember there is more to the female than a quick romp in the hay.
    shade8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
    If you're a good looker then what you need to do is approach a girl that might be taking glimpses at you every now and then say hi, how's it going, would you like to dance? have we met? something like that then just be yourself she will most likely know if your lying or she will find out. Just stay calm, look relaxed as possible like any other conversation with your friends. Then just take it slow.
    justintoghia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 12:49 PM
    How can you tell if the girl likes you?
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Feb 26, 2012, 09:27 PM
    If approaching a new girl:
    - No pick up line
    - Confident tone (but DO NOT over do it)
    - Be brief (shall save you the embarrassment if the girl in question is not interested. And shall keep her wanting for more in case she is interested)
    - Say NOTHING sexual in nature or with double meanings.
    - If complimenting, keep it genuine and brief(do not over explain how you like her hair, its CREEPY)

If approaching a girl you know:
    - A funny/witty pick up line said in a light manner to get her laughing(assuming that you know that kind of humor she likes)
    - Striking a topic of her interest (get her to talk, on your part nod and smile)
    - Again, leave at the peak of the conversation, though not rudely but politely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girls only [ 8 Answers ]

I am getting this weird pains in the area (womb) I haven't started get. I need some advi ce. My sister said she had it when she started but I scared and confused. Please help me

Girls Gone Bad [ 10 Answers ]

So your havng a wonderful relationship all of a sudden... boom... the girl comes up to you and says I want to be single,I want to experience things being single,I want to have fun with my friends,all the things that you have done together and gave her all the freedom she wanted when you start to...

To the Girls [ 9 Answers ]

Sorry to be asking about something like this but I'm quite concerned. In a way I wish a guy had to tell me what he thinks but I'm addressing it to the girls. Do you use carefree, all days etc (small thin pads) everyday because of your discharge? Once again sorry for such a question! Thanks to...

NEED help with girls [ 6 Answers ]

I know people ask about this a lot and stuff but my mum dided four years ago and my dad already has a fiancée and stuffs quite hard. Plus I went from having a massive group of friends to having noe in a year between primary and secondary school. I only have one real friend now. So I have low self...

View more questions Search