Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cookieflowerw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 03:33 PM
    My son and daughter-in-law and 3 grandchildren visited me once in 7 yrs
    And I am only an hr and a half away! I cannot drive anymore and the bus ride is 4 hrs each way... that is the route here... they go all over the place.. out of the country all the time but never to see me... I give up
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I'm sorry, but what is your question, or how can I help you?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Do you ever ask them why or try to work some arrangement out with them to at least leave the grand kids with you for a weekend?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Yes is there a reason, I know I went 5 years without ever going to my moms home, and I have not been to see my mom in almost 3 years this time. In my case she has a issue with my family so I don't go.

So there has to be something going on.

Jul 10, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Thank you... I am afraid to ask.. my son is a well known psychiatrist.. he is on call a lot.. he works in a hospital and also has a private practice.. his wife is a snob.. I live in a trailer park..
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Oh I was thinking it was something to do with they work and are too busy.

I can relate to the wife problem, my daughter acts like she should have been born in royalty or something and she looks down on anything that doesn't live up to her standards. Now that she has a new boyfriend she will not even come and ride me to see my other daughter if her boyfriend is with her cause she doesn't want him to see that I do not live in one of those $2,200,000. Complexes.
    Short of asking her to meet you at a mall or drop the kids off for a weekend visit I don't know what you can do other than talk to your son.

Jul 10, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Awful isn't it? Her father is a doctor.. I had my son when I was 17.. and my daughter 4 yrs after that.. their father left us when I was 21.. I raised my kids alone.. she met my son at princeton.. my son got a full scholarship to go there. Now she has a doctor husband.. my daughter in law I mean, and she is too busy to drive my grandkids to me.. I always have to be the one to go there but I'm disabled now.. and also losing my eyesight..
    mels mom Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 10, 2008, 08:35 PM
    How old are you grand kids. Can you write them a lettle , tell them how much you miss them and would like to see them . And maybe they can convince the parents to work it out.
    maurice7769 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieflowerw
    and I am only an hr and a half away! I cannot drive anymore and the bus ride is 4 hrs each way... that is the route here... they go all over the place..out of the country all the time but never to see me... I give up
    This seems to be the way the younger generation wants to be.
    My son and daughter in law, whom I love dearly, have excluded
    My husband and I from things. Now my son is entering the military
    And they don't want us around, but it's okay if her parents' are there.

The only thing that I can say to you is trust God, and when they
    Get older, they will realize what they did wasn't right at all.

I would also try to do some type of volunteer work to get your
    Mind off things, and maybe adopt a family. That is what
    We are going to try to do, help others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother/Daughter/Grandchildren [ 9 Answers ]

I have this problem... my daughter keeps digging up the past and I am made to feel like I was the world's most horrible Mom. She doesn't like it when I have said "I don't know any mother/daughter who has the relationship like we have" and then she yells back that she doesn't care about others...

Keep grandchildren safe [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter-in-law does not watch my grandsons ages 7 and 5 carefully enough. She was looking at the menu at a restaurant and my grandson ran off. She had no idea where. He was later found in restroom, the most dangerous place. My daughter-in-law takes no responsibility. What can I do to help...

How to evict a rent paying son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren? [ 4 Answers ]

I hate that it has come to this but I have my oldest son and daughter-in-law and two grandchildren that have lived in our second home for 3 years. They have paid rent without a contract. Their rent has fallen behind but mostly has been caught up. They barely pay the payment on the home and I pay...

Grandchildren Guardianship [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter left my 3 Grandchildren with me four years ago, gave me a letter that was notarized and I have her power of attorney, she wanted to take them this weekend and drive over 1,000 miles total back and forth to a birthday party. We already had plans, so I told her no, now she is threatening...

Custody for my grandchildren [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a court date next month for I'm taking my son and his girlfriend there so I can go for custody of the children the ages are 13 month and 2 month old .Does anyone know how I would have to go about to prove unfit. They live with my daughter in a 3 bdrm trailer and she has her own family as...

View more questions Search