Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubypearl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Husband allows others to disrespect me
    I have been married for almost 15 years. In last the 2 to 3 yrs my husband has started being verbal abusive. But, to make along story short he allows his friends and family to say real hateful comments to me and has actually gone along with them . Then later will blame me for it and does not think it is a big deal. I have 3 children and really need help deciding what is the best thing for all of us. One other thing he has within the last 2-3 months starting getting rough and biting me during sex. What is up?
    mmmbopdoodle Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Not being rude or trying to make you think, but why did youget married? Were you in blissful love?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Have you talked to him about this, told him how you feel? That's the first step, if that doesn't work then consider counseling. This isn't right, but if you aren't standing up for yourself then you are accepting this behavior, it's time to speak up, let him know that this is not acceptable.

Good luck.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Communication is key. You must talk to him and let him know how this makes you feel. Consider your words wisely so you will be heard. Don't talk at him.

If you feel that you are at a breaking point - convey that to him and seek counseling. The worst thing you can do is to not say anything at all. Letting these feelings fester inside - well, it doesn't work. One of these days you may just blow up and your husband will be left scratching his head. So TALK to him.
    JuJuFruit Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Have you told your hubby that you don't like the rough sex? And the biting?

He may be trying something new to spice things up. And if you are not vocal and let him know you don't like it, he may think you do, and will continue.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jul 10, 2008, 08:22 AM
    I agree with everything that was stated above and counseling is important at this point. Something is wrong that needs to be fixed. He may be holding some resentment or aggression towards you. Look in the other areas of your relationship. What's going on? Is there something wrong. Have you discussed this with him at all, calmly and rationally. Just ask him and tell him what you expect and that you expect it to stop. Then you should realistically expect it to stop, if it doesn't let him know the consequences and be prepared to deal with them yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What if my husband doesn't have a W2? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is the first year that I have been married at tax time. I have my W2 and have been ready to file my taxes for months. However, my husband has not received his yet and taxes are due in less than two weeks. He was working for a person who a owed a small business that went out of business...

Dealing with Disrespect and Rudeness at Work [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I soon start a new job in the security sector in Europe. In this job, I have been warned that I will certainly meet customers (and maybe colleagues) who disrespect me and treat me like ****. Off course, I have to remain calm and polite, not take those attacks personally. I think I will be...

Disrespect from your teen son [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced father.I get my kids every weekend.The problem is my 15 yr. old son is becoming very disrespectful to me.When he is home with his mom, she will give him anything he wants and Im not going to hand him everything he wants.What do I do??

My HUSbaNd e [ 2 Answers ]

I marreid my hsband inItaly,I'm an American. I brought him to USA We had 2 kids here He never wanted to work so told him to go back to italy He went back but won't divorce me Its been 10 years now and I want to move on, help!!

Disrespect for the Handicapped [ 6 Answers ]

My mother is wheelchair bound. This is not a small issue, as she is unable to use a walker at this point and weighs around 180 bpounds. My mother is 70 years old and so is my father who cares for her full time. Once a week, my father pays my son to sit for my mother for a full day. She enjoys this...

View more questions Search