Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jul 5, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Tragus piercing-scarring or infected?
    K, so I posted a question last week about my tragus piercing having hypertrophic scarring. I've cut back to cleaning 3x a day, I don't mess with it much, and I don't sleep on it or anything either. However in the last week it's gotten worse and I'm beginning to think it's infected. So yeah, I'm super scared. I know if it is infected it needs to be addressed soon but I'm afraid that a)my parents won't allow me to get any more piercings b) I'll look like I don't know how to take care of them c)my parents won't take me to the doc to get antibiotics because they're weird hippies that'll give me garlic and oranges and the problem will go for too long and I'll wind up with some disfigured ear d)the doc will try to make me take the jewelry out...
    as well as a lot of other things.

I guess what I mean to say is, what should I do? Is there anything I can do as of right now to combat the problem? I'm not even sure that it is infected but I have a sneaking suspicion.
    Is there anything I can do at home? I have a feeling the answer is no but...
    MiK=meek Posts: 16, Reputation: -3
    -

Jul 6, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Well there a few things but I don't advice you to do them so I won't tell you. You seem very influenceable I sayget checked out by someone you know like a nurse at school in your neighborhood a doctor someone you know and trust who can accuratly tell

Jul 6, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MiK=meek
    well there a few things but i don't advice you to do them so i won't tell you. you seem very influenceable i sayget checked out by someone you know like a nurse at school in your neighborhood a doctor someone you know and trust who can accuratly tell
    Ya know, I sort of take the whole "influenceable" comment as a bit of an insult.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jul 6, 2008, 10:17 AM
    What are you cleaning it with? Do you put disinfectant on it regularly?

Jul 6, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KalFour
    What are you cleaning it with? Do you put disinfectant on it regularly?
    I use sea salt solution - 1 pinch mixed with 8 oz h20.
    It worked just fine with my helix...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tragus piercing [ 6 Answers ]

This is my second time having my tragus' pierced. The first time I had to take them out because of (what I believed to be) an allergic reaction. I've had them done now for almost a month... they no longer hurt but on my right ear I have (what I believe to be) a keloid. Its very small and I've read...

Tragus Piercing! [ 21 Answers ]

I really want to get my tragus pierced, I have had both lobes pierced once and my belly. People say that the belly button hurts but mine didn't does any one know how the tragus is going to compare?? So how exactly do they pierce it iv'e herd you should deffinatly get it pierced with a needle not...

How do you know if a belly piercing is infected? [ 18 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced a month ago and it seems to be doing really good . I clean it in the morning and before I go to sleep with dial antibacterial soap... the only thing is people say that I will get a little crust around the piercing but I have not gotten that at all! Is that a good sign? And...

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

Tragus piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I really want to get my tragus pierced, and I was wanting to know if it is very different than having your cartiledge pierced. Is it any harder to take care of?

View more questions Search