Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IDontKnowMe Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Jul 5, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Too old?
    I am 14, and I really like this guy who is 17.
    I know that is a pretty big gap for somebody my age but he is practically perfect for me.
    Every time I see him I notice all the little things we have in common and when he isn't around I can't get him out of my head.
    Some of my friends have said to go for it, but I am worried he would be too old.
    :confused:
    Opinions?

Thank you (: X
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jul 5, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Well why don't you ask your parents if they approve first, you don't want to upset them or lie it never turns out that well in the end
    redneck6 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2008, 05:02 PM
    I know you probably really like him but think 14 and 17... im not to judge but 99% of 17 year old boys will do say act or anything just to get a girl in bed especially with you being that much younger and next year he will be an adult don't you think he will want to date an adult?? And I don't know how he is but do you really think he will wait 4 years for you to finally be an adult?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Personally two young for a 17 year old boy.
    IDontKnowMe Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Jul 5, 2008, 05:10 PM
    I see your point
    That's the sort of thing my head thinks when I get the chance to really think about the situation.
    But my heart only listen to my friends, who are saying stuff like "go for it", "flirt with him!" & "get his number". So basically all the stuff I want to do.

Sorry if that sounded a bit silly, it wasn't meant to but that was the best way I could think of to put things.
    Bonniebarlowe Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2008, 05:16 AM
    I think it depends on the maturity level more than the age. Some 14 yr old girls are more mature than some 17 yr old guys. I would talk to your parents about it first to find out their comfort level.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Well, well. I will not allow my 14 year old daughter to even date yet, much less with a guy that was 17. Most of the time the 14 year old girl will end up being pressured into something she may think she wants. Then finding out that she doesn't, or didn't. Enjoy your time in school with your friends.
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 6, 2008, 08:22 AM
    I'd have to agree with pretty much everyone above...

Talking to your 'rents first would be best

But also, find out more things about this guy...

Ask around, talk to previous girlfriends, his best buddies, anyone.

Try to look at another persons view of him... he could be really nice to you,

But at school he is a bully to other kids... you might be surprised at what you find.

To wrap this up- all I'm saying is stop, think, decide, and follow through.

Good luck and make a wise and educated decision please!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search