Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krogan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Dog ate bone whole
    M small dog ate a rib bone whole. Will he be okay?
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jul 5, 2008, 08:54 AM
    If he throws up, that may be an indication of blockage, you would need to get to a vet ASAP. Keep an eye on him, I wouldn't leave him alone.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jul 5, 2008, 08:59 AM
    I just noticed you said a small dog. The smaller the dog the bigger problem it can be. I would call your vet's office and ask to speak to the vet. Discuss it with them to see if a visit is warranted immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog ate a pork bone [ 2 Answers ]

My dog ate a cooked pork bone tonight. My dad gave it to her thinking that it was OK because we have given her beef bones and she does good with those. I am worried because I heard that they split and can do a lot of damage. I don't know what to do. She is a lab/beagle mix and about 50lbs. Do I...

My pup swallowed a bone.what do I do? [ 4 Answers ]

OK... so my three month puppy swallowed a bone today from a beef rib. The bone was small but still... I didn't know he had the bone, because my dumb uncle gave it to him and by the time I realized it and tried to take it away, he swallowed it whole... now I'm scared, because he hasn't thrown up yet...

Dog snapped over bone [ 4 Answers ]

My dog just snapped at my daughter because he was chewing on his bone and she went to pet him and he snapped at her biting down on her nail. My daughter's fine just a little startled, and I'm angry as hell. WHY! Did he snap at her? The first thing I did was removed the bone and he's not getting it...

Bone dry [ 3 Answers ]

Tonight my boyfriend and I were having sex (he got me off before we did it so I would be lubed enough) and everything was going fine until I started to feel a burning/friction sensation. I then realized I was bone dry. I have no idea why this happened. I don't see how it could all just go away....

Bone Loss [ 1 Answers ]

I Have Between 70 & 90% Bone Loss. I Was Told That Anything Over 50% Can't Be Saved, Resulting In The Removal Of All Teeth. Is This True?

View more questions Search