Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kshannon51 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Kenmore 106.626663 ice maker won't work?
    [F]
    No water goes into the ice maker. Replaced water valve to no avail. Red LED light does work.
    Fill tube isn't frozen. HELP!
    Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Do you have a filter in place?
    Usually typing in your model number will provide info, your number didn't, Verify model number:
    Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears Parts Direct | SearsPartsDirect.com from Sears
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 5, 2008, 07:20 AM
    But is there any water at all going into the ice maker ?
    If water is coming out of the tap, and - if installed - the water filter is OK, than the pipe inside the ice maker feeding the unit is blocked.

:)

Jul 5, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    Do you have a filter in place?
    Usually typing in your model number will provide info, your number didn't, Verify model number:
    Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears Parts Direct | SearsPartsDirect.com from Sears
    No haven't replaced the filter since the first one so it's out. But ice maker has been working for 1 1/2 yrs without it. I know the part number doesn't come up, tried to put it in on the 'fix it part search. It's the same as the pictured one for Kenmore, Module type ice maker.

Jul 5, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    But is there any water at all going into the ice maker ?
    If water is coming out of the tap, and - if installed - the water filter is ok, than the pipe inside the ice maker feeding the unit is blocked.

:)
    No water at all and no filtered installed. Didn't replace it. Pipe inside unit? How would one chk that?
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Could be the solenoid that controls water flow, if voltage is present and valve doesn't open, it is bad.

Jul 5, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Could be the solenoid that controls water flow, if voltage is present and valve doesn't open, it is bad.
    Where is that part located?
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Follow the water line in, it should be the first thing it goes to.

Jul 6, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Follow the water line in, it should be the first thing it goes to.
    OK, he changed the solenoid, wasn't it,however did the tes, T to H. nothing. Would that keep the water from flowing? He wants to just buy a new one, but... what if it's a different part that's not included. Yikes:confused:
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Maybe no power to solenoid. I would test before replacing.
    If you have water at inlet on solenoid, and voltage is applied and no water comes out, it is bad.
    If water is present and voltage is now applied and water exits solenoid valve then it is good.
    Bird 13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Reset your filter if light is red and your ice maker will 'generally' work again. I learned the hard way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Refrigerator ice maker doesn't work [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator side by side and the ice maker just stop working. I can still get cold water from the water dispenser. Can you help me? BL

Kenmore Refrigerator ice maker does not work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Coldspot, 2 year old, the ice maker does not work. I have checked the solenoid valve and it works, I have changed the module and still does not work, there is no obstruction in the tubes. It seems that the module is not receiving power. Is there a board to check this?. perhaps you...

Kenmore Ice Maker Doesn't Work [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore refrigerator with an ice maker in the freezer. It was owned by the previous house hold owner and has worked well. The freezer compartment has been overly full, not allowing good circulation. The wire for the ice maker was in a middle position, neither on nor off. We are having...

View more questions Search