Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedguy13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Should I tell her or not?
    Hi everyone. So I have known this girl for around five years. Over the years we have grown to be close friends. She commonly calls me one of her best friends. However over the last year I have become increasingly attracted to her. Now it is to the point that I can't stop thinking about her. Every morning when I wake up I check my phone and see if she texted me. We work together so I see her all the time and can't take my eyes off her. I find myself going out of my way to be around her and even voulunteering for extra jobs if I know she will be nearby. But there is only one problem. He has had the same boyfriend for the last two years. The girl and I are in the same grade but her boyfriend is two years older and is away at college for much of the year. Whenever he comes home from college she sometimes cuts off communication with her other friends and allows him to keep her away from her friends. I'm also afraid I've already fallen into the dreaded "friend zone." But sometimes, especially when he isn't around or is away at college she seems to flirt with me. But I'm hesitant to believe if she is really flirting or if I am just reading too much into it because I like her sooo much. I don't know if I should ever tell her my true feelings or just try to wait out her current relationship. Any advice would be appriciated.
    Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Even if she is flirting you need to take it as you are reading too much into it.
    As long as he is her boyfriend you need to keep your feelings to yourself.
    When he comes home from college that is her prerogative to spend all her time with him if she chooses.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 07:30 AM
    You haven't slipped into the dreaded friend zone, that's where you've comfortably always been. It's not a punishment, it's a privilege. "If I can't have more, I'm going to look down on what I do have" is a horrible habit. Don't do that.

So, you risk ruining your privileged friendship if you speak of developing more with her. Also, you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER coax or offer cheating behavior, you don't offer it in your life and you don't tempt it in others. You don't do it. Period. Don't ever forget that.

Having said that, you CAN risk it, but you're risking everything. The friend zone position could quite easily be revoked, OK?

If you would rather stop being around her altogether because you "can't" control your thoughts/actions, then tell her how you feel and you're interested in more with her if she's ever boyfriendless again.

Then, let the chips fall where they may. Good luck.
    kimdeelee Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Jul 4, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Tell her --life is too short you have already been friends for five years so TELL HER but also let her know that no matter what you still want her friendship and hope that you telling your true feelings won't change anything if she doesn't feel the same---Prepare for the worst cause she's with her man for a reason
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Why would he possibly ruin what he already has with her to risk her avoiding him?
    After all she's with her man for a reason.
    addicted2dramatics Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 08:52 AM
    This is a tough one, on one hand I do believe that life is to short so you should tell her but on the other hand I don't think you want to give her a reason to feel awkward around you. Seeing as she has a boyfriend you might want to wait on expressing your feelings. If there is a chance that the two will break up then afterward tell her, but I would wait a bit before coming clean
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 09:25 AM
    You could jokingly make a comment like ''If you are ever free and single again look out LOL''

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search