Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Longterm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Foreclosure and 5 year lease? Does the tenant leave?
    For California. Does the tenet have the right to stay during the foreclosure process and afterward if they have a long term lease of 5+ years? Does the lease transfer from the property owner to the bank or government?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Hello L:

Your lease lasts until the date of foreclosure. It does NOT transfer.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant did break the one year lease what next? [ 21 Answers ]

:( Well I just got a call from the tenant who signed the 1 year lease on my TH stating that it might not be such a good idea since she was trying to sell her house and wasn't sure it could be affordable. DIDN'T SHE THINK about this 7 days ago when I took it off the market and cancelled my ads and...

A one year lease that the tenant may want to break [ 2 Answers ]

I rented my townhouse to someone, held her deposit, then did the lease with her and she gave me the deposit. She signed initialed all, then tells me 4 days later she is not sure. What are my rights and her obligations? :mad:

Breaking a year lease by tenant and not returning security deposit by landlord [ 23 Answers ]

I live in Florida and I had to breake my 1 year lease after 8 months and gave a 1 month notice to my landlord. I found another tenant to rent the property after my moving out and the landlord promised me to return the security deposit. After I found myself the new tenant for the landlord and...

'Tenant Lease Expired And Won't Leave' [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, (Sorry for a second post - Profile stated No questions recorded at log-in) I want to make sure I am doing things right during an eviction and during future court date. Everything I state below, can be validated in writing from communication between current tenant and myself. Tenant...

Ccan I ask my tenant to leave we have no lease [ 3 Answers ]

I rent to my son have now for 3 years all of a sudden he has informed me that I am no good he hate me and has start world war 3 and 4 with me don't know where its coming from or why orther then I have become disable and can't work any more after taking 3 hrs of his yelling at me the first time he...

View more questions Search