Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llope6425 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Going from blonde to brown
    HI. I have dyed light strawberry blond hair, my natural color is a dark brown so in order to get it blond I got it bleached at the salon but keeping it up and maintenance is way too expensive for me now plus being blond has damaged my hair horribly. About 1 month ago I tried dying it a chestnut brown and it only lasted like a week even though it was a permanent dye my hair just went back to being blond. I want to dye it maybe a nice neutral brown or a medium dark brown how can I dye it so the color will "stick" and won't fade back to blond is there anything I really should know about dying it back to brown, also I don't want a reddish brown or orangey brown either because my hair tends to have red undertones already so I want to avoid all those colors. Please help me out thanks:confused:
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 2, 2008, 08:57 PM
    You really should go back to a professional to have this done. It doesn't mean that you will have to go to the salon every time, but you really should do it the first time, since your hair is damaged and did not grab the colour when you tried to go back to dark. Don't try any color that mentions Auburn, or Copper, etc. My hair hangs on to red also, and it is extremely hard to get rid of without totally stripping and bleaching. Of course that leads to very damaged hair, and you will find your hair breaks and you will have a hard time getting a good style without a lot of more damaging product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going from blonde to dark golden blonde/light brown? [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, I have got blue eyes and olive skin, and blonde hair ( which is rather yellow) it has been highlighted before, but then had just a blonde colour put over it a while go. Anyway, I'm getting a bit fed up of the yellowy ness, and wanting to go dark blonde or light brown? First which do you...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

Brown to blonde [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter had medium blonde hair and dyed it a dark brown, how do I get the dark color out

From brown to blonde to brown and I want to go blonde again [ 1 Answers ]

My hair is naturally brown but I got blonde foils at a hairdresser and recently got it dyed dark brown with semi-permenant dye. I was wondering if anyone knew if hairdressers can wash semi-permenant dye out so that it is blonde again. I don't want to destroy my hair. Will it cause lots of damage? I...

View more questions Search