Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IDontKnowMe Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Jul 2, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Nothing will happen between us, but I still really like him.
    I see this boy once a week at a sort of youth club
    I am 14 and he is 17. He is in the sixth form at my school

Thing is, I really fancy him and find myself thinking about him a lot.
    But to him I would be too young for anything to happen, and as far as I can tell he might be interested in some other girl anyway.
    So I know nothing is ever going to happen with him and I have accepted that.

But I don't know what to do about the fact that I still like him.
    I know that I need to get over him and move on but I don't know how to do that without not seeing him anymore.
    I still want to be friends with him even if we will never be anything more but I see him my heart seems to skip a beat so I don't know how to get that to go away so I can enjoy the friendship.
    Ideas?

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid to some, it's just been on my mind a lot recently.
    Thank you for reading.
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 2, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Don't worry, it's okay to look at him. You don't desperately have to not see him to get over him because you are young. It's a crush. Some other guy is going to come along and soon you'll like them instead. Interests change at a young age and it's not a bad thing. I remember I used to like loads of different guys at that age and I found it fun.

You are right, you are too young for him though. If you find that you don't want to think about him too much anymore, just try as much as possible to not go to the places he goes. Try going somewhere new with your friends. I'm sure you will find another guy you like soon enough, especially now that you have recognised the fact that its not going to happen with you and the 17 year old.

Jul 3, 2008, 02:04 PM
    I do want to enjoy this crush, because he really is a great guy.
    But thinking about him all the time isn't fun because although he is great I know nothings going to happen and that means that thinking about him makes me unhappy sometimes.

And thank you (:
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
    OK. Well try as much as you can to avoid going to the places he goes and try not to talk to him either. Focus more on your friends and arrange things you want to do with them. You'll soon forget about him whilst your out having a fun time!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Enjoy your crush as its normal. Older guys seem so attractive when your young, and there will be many crushes in the future.
    Ivory0921 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Continue to be inspired, its normal. Just be careful when "falling" for older guys, some tend to take advantage. Trust me - I know.
    JessiccaBabesx Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2008, 05:21 AM
    You never know.. it could happen!
    Two of my boyfriends have been three years older than me, one was 15 whilst I was twelve, the other one was 16 when I was 13. One of my friends also dated a guy 4 years older than her, so don't give up, unless this is making you unhappy - there are plenty more fish in the sea! :)
    X

Aug 24, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiccaBabesx
    you never know.. it could happen!
    two of my boyfriends have been three years older than me, one was 15 whilst i was twelve, the other one was 16 when i was 13. one of my friends also dated a guy 4 years older than her, so don't give up, unless this is making you unhappy - there are plenty more fish in the sea! :)
    x
    Thank you very much.
    A lot of my friends have been saying the same sort of things, like "i think you two would work really well together", "you two would be really sweet together" and "i think he could like you, because of the way he looked when he kept glancing over at you"

The thing is he actually has a girlfriends now, and from what I know they are quite happy.
    My friends know this too but they keep saying those things, and although I know they are trying to be nice I think it is probably stupid of me to start thinking I have a chance.
    My friends mean well, and I guess they think that they are preventing me from being unhappy that he is with somebody else, but I don't see the point I them getting my hopes up when I have no chance because he already has a girlfriend who he is happy with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can this happen? [ 9 Answers ]

Lets say I live on my own with my children, and their father gets visitation rights, even though he sells and does cocaine (along with some other things), but I can't prove it in court. My question is, what if he gets raided or pulled over having these things found in his possession while my kids...

What happen to him [ 2 Answers ]

Anthony Cummings

I really what to know what can happen [ 1 Answers ]

I Know Your Not Suppose To Take More Than 1 800mg Of Ibuprofen Motrin With 6 Hours But The Other Day Mt Boyfriend Took 2 800mg Of Ibuprofen Motrin At Once I Want To Know What Can Happen To Him That He Doesn't Know Is Happening To Him Already

What will happen? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have been with my now partner since my daughter was 10 weeks old. She was born sept 2004. My previous partner left me when I was pregnant and made it clear he would not be part of our child's life. He has a mental illness from a r.t.a and for this reason, I understood and continued with the...

When will it happen? [ 2 Answers ]

Now I know that no one knows when the rapture will take place. Well, even the Bible says no one knows, but when do you think it will take place.

View more questions Search