Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeoTheLion1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Pigmentation of the tongue
    Hi
    I've had pigmentation on my tongue for at least a decade (brown spots on the tip of my tongue and some on the side) they are not painful or bumpy. My dental hygenist said its normal in some people and its similar to having pigmentation on the face. However, she also told me to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse I should get a second opinion. I have noticed the pigmentation increasing but I'm not sure why it's there or whether it's a symptom of a particular illness or disease. I have suffered from anemia irregularly through my life but it hasn't made a difference to my lifestyle.
    Im a 25yr old asian woman who eats healthy, exercises regularly and hardly ever falls ill.

Kind regards S
    gersat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 07:05 AM

Hi just wandering if you have gotten any closer with finding an answer for this issue
    mistyann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 03:19 PM
    Hi, I would definatley get a second opinion. It could be a form of deficiancey. Have you googled it yet? At your next Doctors appointment you should just ask him about it, especially if it's spreading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gum Pigmentation [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I am suffering from gum discolouration, my gums in the front of the mouth are bluish purple and since I have big gums and a big smile, its embarrassing smiling, so is there any way I can get my gums back to normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lack of pigmentation? [ 1 Answers ]

My line of work consists of working outdoors allday, I have bought sunblock after sunblock ranging from spf 30-70, none of these have seemed to help. I notice the skin on my arms really bright red, then only that area gets dark brown day after day. (my arms are the only area exposed to the sun,...

Just got my tongue peirced [ 3 Answers ]

Okayy so I just got my tongue peirced. I didn't really hurt, its just that its really really annoying to talk. Plus I haven't eaten in two days. When is my tongue going to stop swelling? Also around the bottom ball, there's a little white goey stuff that I just take off with a q tip. Does that...

View more questions Search