Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubyjz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Dryer not drying
    I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty about 10 years old. It doesn't dry the clothes completely.
    I have to put the clothes through 2 cycles to completely dry them. Already checked the air vent, it works fine. What else could the problem be?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jul 1, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Have you checked for clogs in the venting and cleaned it out well. Als discarded the lent from the lent tray? Check the distance from the wall and make sure the hose isn't being cramped. Also clear away anything that may be blocking it outside. Sometimes there is lint on that screen as well, or trees etc. outside. Good Luck
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyjz
    What else could the problem be?
    A defective or burned out heating element.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My GE Dryer isn't drying. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older GE Dryer and it doesn't get very hot. It takes over an hour to dry a small load. I've cleaned the lint trap and that's about it.

Dryer not Drying all the way [ 4 Answers ]

I have a GE dryer that doesn't seem to dry all the way. I've cracked it open and cleaned out all the dust buildup from the vents (there was quite a bit) and the blower moter and blades. Should be clean as a whistle now. The heating element was clean and shows no cracks and looks to heat up OK...

Dryer Not Drying [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Whirlpool Dryer And It Is Not Drying The Clothes At A Very Fast Rate. I Have To Run A Regular Size Load Through The Cycle Two Times Before They Are Dry. My Vent Is Kind Of Weird, Where My Laundry Room Is The Vent Has To Run Up Through The Roof And I Don't Know If This Has Something To Do...

Dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

My frigidaire dryer is heating but not drying in the appropriate time. It takes forever for the clothes to dry. Could this be the heating element?

View more questions Search