Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rayadriel Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jun 30, 2008, 09:16 PM
    About a set of harvard classics
    I have recently acquired a complete set of Harvard Classics. They're royal blue with silver lettering. The only date that I can find in them is 1909, so that's when I'm assuming they were published. They are edited by Charles W. Eliot , LL.D. by P. F. Collier and Son Corporation. The man I bought them from told me they were somewhat of a collector's edition... but who knows. Any help about these books would be appreciated, even about what the different colors of the different sets mean (some are read/green/white etc.).
    Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Call the reference desk at your local public library. They will get information for you as to colors, price, collectibility, etc. The set is basically antique status now that's it's about 100 years old.
    Rayadriel Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Aug 3, 2008, 01:58 AM
    Thanks for your help! I did that and I found out a lot about those books and others I have as well.
    davidbpowers Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2008, 10:18 PM
    HI, P.F. or Peter Fenelon Collier was an Irish immigrant to the U.S. and the Harvard Classics among many other inexpensive book sets he published were the forrunners of book of the month clubs. You bought a subscription for monthly books. At one time these were advertised as "The Five Foot Shelf of Books". A good place for you to look would be abebooks.com where there are literally hundreds of these volumes for sale at a dollar and up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get into Harvard Business School [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a sophomore in college and will be finishing my AA degree with about a 3.5 GPA this Spring. I'll be transferring to a state university and after getting my BA in Business, I'd like to apply to either Harvard Business and/or Sloan. However, I'm a little uninformed as to how I would...

Old classics [ 3 Answers ]

Who wants to show their age? How many remember these two guys? Daily Email Newsletter for the Funniest Videos, pictures, & jokes on the net

Taxes for a post-doc in harvard [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im a post-doc from Israel at Harvard University at Beth-Israel deaconess. I've started this month. I have a J-1 Visa. I was wondering about taxes. Am I going to pay them now and get a refund at the end of the year, or I shouldn't pay at all?

View more questions Search