Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradbrandon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Florida complex 30 day notice to vacate
    Lived in apartment complex for about 5 years. I guess 1 year 3 months ago converted to condo's. Told everyone to leave after lease was up. Bottom fell out market could not sell they decided to rent again with lease's. I signed another lease will be up July 30, 2008. They posted a note on door today 5:30 June 30, 2008. I was home they said I wasn't on the note. So question is don't they have to give 60 to 90 days notice to vacate if not renewing any lease's and certified letter. I am in Florida

Thank you joe

Yearly lease
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jun 30, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Depending on which type of rental agreement you have, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly there are different time tables. The link provided should clear issues up for you.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

Good-Luck.
    bradbrandon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 09:37 PM
    Yearly lease
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jul 1, 2008, 12:03 AM
    You will notice in section 83.03 :

Termination of tenancy at will; length of notice.--A tenancy at will may be terminated by either party giving notice as follows:

(1) Where the tenancy is from year to year, by giving not less than 3 months' notice prior to the end of any annual period.

Also, have you conveyed your intentions ? Playing the "Devil's Advocate" for a moment. Without prior notice of your intent you would only expect your landlord to make arrangements to have the apartment ready to be rented ASAP to maintain his/her income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received a 60 day notice to vacate - do I need to give a 30 day notice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! The rental property is in cupertino, California. I received a 60 day notice to vacate as the new owner wants to remodel the property. As I have a house that I had bought and was also renting this unit I would like to vacate within 15 days and move all my stuff? Question - Am I...

Can complex dictate form of Notice to Vacate? [ 3 Answers ]

My lease specified that I must give 60 days notice before I vacate, which is fine, but 59 days before my lease is up, I received a form from the complex stating that my notice will not be recognized unless I use the form given. I don't want to use the form given because it adds additional...

Notice to Vacate [ 3 Answers ]

If I put in a 30 notice to vacate before the end of my contract and the landlord enters into a contract with a new tenant (that I provided) to start the day that my contract ends. Can the landlord still keep my security deposit stating that I broke my contract.

30 day notice to Vacate [ 13 Answers ]

My landlord has given me a 30 day notice to vacate to another apartment so mine can be renovated. I have lived there since 1975 (32 years). I don't mind moving to another apartment, but on January 17th I am having heart surgery and would like to know if I can ask for more time to move. I have...

View more questions Search