Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amelian64 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Gas stove ignitor won't stop clicking.all knobs in off position
    One of the ignitors on my gas stove top won't stop clicking. All knobs are turned off. I don't smell gas leaking, but the clicking continues -- approximately every 1-3 minutes. Does anyone know what this might be and how to correct the problem?

Thank you,
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Check the buttons you pressed to operate the spark ignite-or it has probably stuck on and needs cleaning.

Either call your maintenance person or call your gas and electric company now and tell them about your problem. That is nothing to play with, It sounds like it's a short in the electrical part, Keep it turned off until it is fixed. Good luck

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change ignitor on Dacor stove top [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a replacement ignitor for Dacor stove top gas oven, but I am unable to remove the old one. It appears that it should lift right out, but it appears to be something holding it inside. I do not see a way to access inside the stove top. Any ideas would be appreciated. Marvin

GE stove top igniter won't stop clicking. [ 1 Answers ]

GE stove top igniter won't stop clicking. All knobs are turned to off. Can I fixx it?

Bathtub Flow Doesn't Stop even with both knobs in off position [ 4 Answers ]

We have a bathtub in our upstairs bathroom. The faucet has always leaked a little so we tried to fix it this week. We bought new stems and put them on. (I think that's what they're called... there's one for hot and one for cold, they go straight into the pipes and then the handles go onto them)....

John Deere L110 Clicking sound on start - new solenoid, still clicking! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I cut my lawn, engine was running for about 2 hours. Stopped at neighbors house, cold beer, go to restart, just a clicking sound. Thought battery was dead, did a quick check, good voltage, hooked it up to a charger, good amps. Still clicking. I figure it's the solenoid, picked one up...

Gas stove no "Clicking" and no spark [ 2 Answers ]

All 4 burners have stopped clicking. Can light with match. Is plugged in. Ge stove. Please help. Thanks

View more questions Search