Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Okinchi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Scratching someone's car…
    Recently, friend of mine bought an almost new Land Rover SUV. It looked great, we were all very happy with him, only to find a HUGE nasty scratch along the entire car the next morning. Nothing you can do, frustration overwhelms you, etc. etc.
    Why would someone do it, what is the motivation? Who is this person and what is such person like?
    I would be interested to get some feedback from people that actually did that... do not you feel like a piece of garbage?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 02:14 PM
    It is most probably somebody that is jealous and does not value of a hard earned $ or the cost of repairing the paint. It could be someone that just does not like him. It could be kids pranks.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Sounds like keying. Probably jealousy and personal.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jun 27, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Probably a punk. He might know him or not, may be an adult or a kid, but either way they're just a punk. No regard for personal property.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 04:40 PM
    In my area it is 5 to 10 year old kids, they do it all the time I have had the hood of my truck, and one side of my truck done this year.
    The same kids stole paint and painted things on the sides of the apartment complex, will walk on the hoods of people cars, clime up between them and so on.

For others, teens walking down the sidewalk just do cars at radom for the kicks.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 27, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Here in Las Vegas a few years ago, kids would steal cars, drive them to a nearby patch of desert and torch them. I asked the cops why, after mine was destroyed and he said it was just something for them to do.

I can't help but feel that it's from lack of respect and self esteem. On our farm, we worked long hard hours for everything we got growing up. It would take a prior act needing retaliation for one of us to do something like this. Today, no one needs a reason for destruction.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 13, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Sometimes people are just nuts.

I heard somewhere that a guy plowed into two people with his car for no reason at all.

If only people knew...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat scratching [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old cat was given revolution 2 days ago. She really didn't have fleas, however I wanted to prevent them, and she had it for heartworm and worms. Today she has been running around silly like something is biting her legs. She tries to hide from it but obviously it follow. Could this crazy...

I downloaded some software and trying to see if someone's using it to spy on me. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: I recently downloaded a trial software program . I downloaded it off a p2p so I could try out the program before fully deciding to purchase it. I installed the program and am running my trial now (I got 30 days - well 29 now to be exact). However, I'm wondering... You know how when you...

Getting Someone's name off a Title [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a car and put my roommate's name on the loan. I live in Lubbock, TX. The car company told me that if his name was on the loan, then his name is on the title. I purchased the car 4 years ago, and I was trying to help him with his credit status. I was paying all the payments. I...

Why would cat be scratching or biting? [ 1 Answers ]

As I posted a few weeks ago, I took in a stray cat. She has 6 little kittens who are all doing very well. They are all living inside now and seem very cosy. We still have a few weeks before we can take them to the shelter. The mother cat has always been affectionate and gentle. But this past...

View more questions Search