Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RJESME Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Laying down Dura Ceramic
    We are currently in the process of a remodel.. My question is, we are planning on laying down DuraCeramic over a plywood subfloor. Currently the floor has 1/2 linoleum and 1/2 plywood subfloor with glue and backing from glued down carpet.. How do we prep the floor, do we need to tear out the existing linoleum or can we just put a leveling solution where the linoleum meets the plywood? And how in the world do we get the backing from the glued carpet off the plywood? And do we need to remove the glue completely? Is there some type of product that will help in this matter?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 01:11 PM
    You are in a for a bad surprise when you try to remove the glue and backing from the plywood. I recently did a job with carpet glued to cement and had to razor scrape the entire floor, 26 man/hpours. Your tile needs a perefctly flat and hard surface so I'd recommend you look into Hardibacker board 1/4".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laying ceramic tile over exsisting concrete floor [ 4 Answers ]

I have an exsisting bathroom floor drain in a shower area, it has the slope and ready to go for tile only. Is there any type of waterproof membrane available without using a mudset underlay. I don't want to have to build up the exsisting drain, I'm not sure that the exsisting is treaded to add to...

Laying tiles [ 2 Answers ]

Can you lay cerramic tiles ontop of other tiles

Ceramic tile - proper laying technique [ 2 Answers ]

I have 13x13 ceramic tiles to install in my kitchen over plywood subfloor. What is the most appropriate way to install? I've been told to use various techniques: cement mortar, thinset adhesive, cement backer board, tiles can be laid right over vinyl flooring!! ), etc. We are very handy and did...

Attaching ceramic corner shelf to ceramic tiles [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add a couple of ceramic shelves to my bathroom ceramic tub surround. What can you use to attach ceramic shelves to ceramic tiles? I tried the same glue used to put tiles on the drywall but they just slide. Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search