Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    star soaked sky Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Gossip girls
    Four of my friends made a group called "Gossip Girls". And they excluded me from it. I don't know why though. I never did anything wrong to them. I hang out with them. But they leave me out of everything and I feeling really worthless. I can't ditch them and make new friends because they're are only 8 girls in my class! And all of them have BFF's already. I talked to them about it and they said they would stop. But the next day they sit together and leave me out... again.
    HELP!
    -star soaked skies <3
    lengkyx Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Jun 27, 2008, 12:36 AM
    They might not be doing it intentionally. So just keep following as long as it feels comfortable. They're your friends anyway. If you think you're the topic, don't even give a sh**. As long as you're not doing anything wrong, you don't owe them any explanation.

Just don't worry too much. Have a too cool to care attitude.
    You might think, easy for me to say.
    Yeah, may be that's right. Haha. Not that I'm a cool popular girl.
    I'm simply flexible, loner or groupie.

You can talk to them about it again. May be they're finding you're not interested in whatever they were talking about nowadays. Or they don't like someone you like. So they don't want you to hear.
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jul 2, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Well, I seriously hope that they're in middle school or junior high because nobody forms such societies unless they're in a movie with lindsey lohan or they're exceedingly immature and catty. Don't aspire to be among them. Seriously. If they left you out, maybe it's because they don't feel that you fit in with them, which is most likely a good thing, judging by my first interpretation of them. Give them time. Girls that do this crap eventually begin stabbing someone in the back and soon someone else will be left out as well.
    sadgirl123 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Jul 3, 2008, 02:23 AM
    Ditch Them. Make New Friends
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Wow, tough situation. You want to be in the "in crowd" but the in crowd are jerks. Hard to decide, become a jerk so you're more acceptable to them, or develop some skills surviving outside that group.

I would encourage you to stop aiming at the group. Pick one girl you seem to have some things in common with and focus your honesty efforts on developing with her. Even if she's part of the "group", the can't be with them 24/7. You're going to need an advocate, someone to speak on your behalf within the group, and for that to happen you need to befriend one of them outside of the group.

And I hate to say it, but there's always the boys. Not all guys are jerks, some of them will make nice comrades given the chance. As long as you can find one that can keep his hands to himself, that is.
    IDontKnowMe Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Jul 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
    To be honest they sound like really horrible people to me.
    I don't want to insult them if you really do think of them as friends, but you don't have to put up with being treated like that.
    I can understand that you need friends in your class, I hate it when I'm in a class with none of my friends because you just end up on your own with nobody to talk to and that can be very embarrassing.

So maybe you could try becoming close to one of them in particular instead of the whole group. Is there one of them that you feel closest too already?
    But also don't write off the other people in the class just because they already have best friends, you sound quite young and as time goes on friendships change a lot, so give it some time too.

Good luck, and never let a bunch of silly girls like them make you feel worthless. You are far from it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gossip or true? [ 2 Answers ]

There was a boy and when he saw me he came to talk to me and like that. He liked me and I did too and it was clear. Lot of people tried to get trouble between us but everything got out well at the end but now a close friend of mine(who would not invent something like this for sure) told me that...

Gossip Girl [ 7 Answers ]

I have a huge problem! I have a bad habit of gossiping. I do this a lot, but mostly at work. I talk bad about other people, I talk about other people to other people, and I believe that I am the reason for all the drama in the workplace. I cannot seem to control my mouth. I create drama that isn't...

Gossip sucks [ 5 Answers ]

I told my mom that I like this guy then she told her sister in-law who told her sister in law who told the guy I like step mom and she told him now he knows I like him how will I survive the camping trip this coming up weekend?

Gossip. We can all relate [ 45 Answers ]

Well the music in general question is going well so I wanted to take a survey of my own. Who likes gossip?? If you do who or what do you like to hear about. :p

Gossip [ 3 Answers ]

I work with a bunch of gossipy, backstabbing women and they always seem to pick on me. I just want to be left alone to do my job. They are downright ugly people and I don't know what to do because I'm outnumbered. So how do I put this to an end?

View more questions Search