Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 06:16 PM
    Faucet sprayer leak in hose
    I'm new... I'm usually handy but I out of my league on this one. Does anyone know how to fix/replace the inner hose in the metal coil housing(? correct name)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2006, 06:22 PM
    You can go to any place that sells plumbing supplies and buy a new hose assembly. You then unscrew the old one on the under side of the faucet, remove it, and screw the new one on. If you think the metal coil is a good feature, look around for one with it.

Unscrewing the old hose will be the toughest part. Dig back here to last week and read the thread on basin wrench.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 19, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by handygirl
    i'm new...i'm usually handy but i out of my league on this one. does anyone know how to fix/replace the inner hose in the metal coil housing(??correct name)

Labman gave you exellant advice. The nut on the end of the hose is a 1/8th" brass nut and you wull learn new cuss words if you attempt to remove it with anything else but a basin wrench. (See images) Go back and read the thread on basin wrenches if you need instruction on its use. Good luck, Tom
    handygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2006, 09:11 PM
    Thank you everyone for the tips... espec. The one about the wrench*best 10 bucks ever spent.. I'm lil' but don't envy those plumbers.. not a lot of room under the sink ;) job well done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spray Hose on Kitchen Faucet? [ 4 Answers ]

How can I hook up a spray hose to a new kitchen faucet, which was not designed to have a spray hose? Thanks, Kavanaugh

Help with a Peerless Two Handle Kitchen Faucet w/Sprayer [ 4 Answers ]

Culprit: Peerless Two Handle Kitchen Faucet w/Sprayer Two part question: 1) Need instructions and photo illustrations (if possible) on fixing a dripping faucet; and 2) same for separate sprayer worked fine just after install but now it does not spray. A slight stream of water is coming from the...

Kitchen Sink w/sprayer hose plumbing diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I need a detailed diagram of how a sprayer hose is connected to the kitchen sink plumbing. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find one that actually shows the sprayer hose and how is connected to the plumbing under the kitchen sink. I have found several that mention the sprayer hose but...

Kitchen Faucet Not working... but sprayer does? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: This faucet was installed by a previous homeowner and I'd like to troubleshoot before diving in or replacing the faucet. This is a compression faucet with a separate sprayer. When you turn on the hot or cold or both, barely a trickle of water comes out of spout. The sprayer works, but...

View more questions Search