Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tylertide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Shipment Invoice Date
    On a shipment with prepaid freight, should the invoice date correspond with the shipping date?

Thank You,
    ms180sx Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jun 24, 2008, 01:23 PM
    I believe you're supposed to hit the accts the day the purchase is made. Wait for confirment though.
    nautica18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 09:12 PM
    I think no.. It depends on FoB, shippin point or Fob, Destination. :)
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
    In reality, the invoice date is whatever the company sending it decides to make it, like maybe the day they do invoices. There may be no correspondence whatsoever with shipping. I've seen discount dates come and go before shipments even arrived in order the check them in, etc. (I would generally take it upon myself to adjust such things -- how can you pay early and take a discount when you don't even have your product yet? I never got any argument over it.)

Why are you asking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invoice total [ 4 Answers ]

Do you include shipping on your invoice total. Example: Quantity Unit Descrption Unit Price 150 ea. Calculator 10.63 150 ea. ...

Theft of an interstate shipment [ 5 Answers ]

Back in 2004 my cousin and I robbed a tailor containing 200 case of fritz vodka witch came from over sea's and also crossed state lines from NJ, and into PA. about a week later I found myself being charged with this crime, and of course everyone pointed their fingers at me, I was the truck driver....

Shipment cost from Detroit, USA to Shanghai, China [ 1 Answers ]

My friend want to move his machines to China. The total weight of his machines are 3,600 to 5,000 pounds. Who can tell me the shipment cost of this weight from Detroit to Shanghai, China?

What date do I use for converting an invoice from Euro to USD? [ 3 Answers ]

What date do I use for converting an invoice from Euro to USD? We order regularly with companies in Europe, often in the $100K+ range per order. With the Euro going up so much between the date we quoted our customers and sent a purchase order (Aug 1) and the date we received the goods (Nov 15),...

Second shipment of Wii [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone if and when there will be another shipment of the Wii before christmas?

View more questions Search