Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bighsms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 04:14 AM
    AC compressor/fan will not start
    An electric cord that had a break in it touched the housing where my AC compressor rest and since, the compressor will not start. The eletric cord shorted out. I reset the circuit breakers inside the house, however, the compressor will not start. Could this be a problem with the outside fuse? And if so, can I just pull it out and replace it?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 24, 2008, 04:32 AM
    First make sure that all functions of the AC are switched off.
    Than check / replace the outside fuse.
    After that switch on the AC as usual.

Let me know please if that worked or failed to solve the problem!

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor will not start? Carriwer 38CKB036330 [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the thermostat and now the compressor will not start, I have checked all of the wiring and gone through tech support but still have no AC, any idea on how or if there is a reset on this model Carrier?

Compressor will not start [ 7 Answers ]

Troubleshooting a carrier air handler heat pump system . Outdoor unit is a goodman. No voltage between common and red outside as well as inside air handler Standing refrigerant pressure reading 75psi R-22. Control board keep blowing . Indoor blower runs as well as electric strip heat. Why do the...

A/C compressor trying to start but not working [ 3 Answers ]

I turned n my ac the fan works but compressor will not start

Cooling: blower runs but compressor does not start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump outside and a blower in the attic. Both made by YORK. My system stopped cooling a week ago. The blower keeps running but the heat pump does not start. I checked the circuit breaker in the basement and the power disconnect next to the outdoor unit. Both are good. I studied...

Central a/c compressor tries to start [ 1 Answers ]

The central a/c compressor tries to start . It will hum and click off do you think it is the capacitor? Someone said the starter on the side of the compreessor how do you change it?

View more questions Search