Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    safina Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2006, 03:38 AM
    Will this work?
    Hey everyone :D

I've been looking for an easy,cheap and non-deadly(hehe) way to get my
    Skin a bit lighter since I have been experiancing some weird greyish
    Shift of my skintone (I Don't want to bleach my skin!).

This is what I'm going to try;
    Taking a lot of Vitamin C,
    Drinking a lot of water,
    Peeling my skin

So my question is will I get a bit lighter if I follow this
    Routine?. or does one have to use bleaching creams to see a shift in
    Skintone?

And also... skinpeels, is it good for your skin?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 05:34 AM
    Hi,
    I am not a Doctor, nor a Professional in this area.
    But, if you wish to view a site about skin lightening products, a good one is:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/ar...FER=SKIN&ID=25

A product with 2% Hydroquinone is suggested by the site above, written by a Professional in the area.
    I do wish you the best of luck.
    safina Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 10:10 AM
    thanks alot fredg, I read what was on the site you linked... I'm not looking for any creams, especially not ones that have hydroquinone but I understand I need some sunscreen.

So can anyone tell me if my routine is going to work?
    Thanks
    mai Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Don't peel or try anything that will strip skin off you. It will just look like you're in cling wrap. I've seen some women here with really reddish, cling wrap-looking skin.
    sharon1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2006, 04:59 PM
    Be careful with peeling. From my experience, your skin looks lighter for awhile but then it becomes really sensitive and irritated. Once it gets irritated, it will get dark too. Also, with peeled skin, you are more sensitive to the sun which causes darkening.

Apr 4, 2006, 11:42 PM
    I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but try glutathione. It really works. I'm using it, but since I already hv fair skin, I'm just using it to even my skin tone. So I'm just taking 500mg daily with vit c. my underarms are lighter, my lips before were darker at the edges, now its like the dark shades are being erased. And I'm just using it only for a month. You have to take twice the dosage. (500mg twice a day)and since its an antioxidant, it doesn't harm your body.

Apr 4, 2006, 11:43 PM
    Forgot to tell you, its not cheap.. well I think it depends where you are..
    goldenwhite Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 01:34 PM
    mai,

Where did u get your glutathione from and which brand

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with some ap work [ 5 Answers ]

I'm completely stressed out with all the work that needs to be done over the summer I thought I was moving but I'm not so I have 2 weeks to do a ton of worksome questions I can't get and imhoping someone can help me What efforts were made to strengthen english control over the colonies of the...

Some of my work [ 2 Answers ]

Some pointers on my stuff? http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/Der_Konig/Beaauty.jpg I made it on adobe photoshop 7,I don't have much other stuff to display due to a recent computer death *tear* =(

Will it all work out [ 2 Answers ]

I am 31 and just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant. I have $19,000 in debt I don't know how I will pay back and have just broken up with my boyfriend. He knows nothing of the baby or the debt. If I tell him I am pregnant then I have to tell about the debt. I am so scared I don't know what to...

Does this work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I found these new products on this website check it out. Also some of the products on the web site have hq while others don't. http://www.4derm.com/displaysingle.asp?criteria=35806&dr_id=1004L

View more questions Search