Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilecho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Puppy cries all day half night
    Hi my new puppy is 8 weeks old and I cries when it eats plays u hold her wrap her up vet said she looks good would she cry all the time if she's inbred?
    orgless Posts: 118, Reputation: 0

Jun 20, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Put a ticking clock under the bedding with a hot water bottle, that will settle her much better and make as much fuss of her as possible and play until she is worn out and goes to sleep easier, just the same as you would with a human really
    lilecho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orgless
    put a ticking clock under the bedding with a hot water bottle, that will settle her much better and make as much fuss of her as possible and play til she is worn out and goes to sleep easier, just the same as you would with a human really

Hello I did all that couldshe be in bred?

Jun 20, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Sorry I know your english isn't that good but I don't understand what your trying to say here OK

Jun 20, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Hang on now I understand, from what I can gather anyway, I don't think it makes a slightest bit of difference how she came into this world plain and simple fact is that at that age she is missing her other brother and sisters and esp her mum! Wouldn't you sulk and be upset if you where took from your family? That's all she is doing with you, just make as much fuss over her as you can and keep her active
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 20, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Yes it's normal for an 8 week old puppy to cry. She's used to sleeping all snuggled up with her mother and littermates and when she's separated she cries hoping mom will come back to find her. They usually quickly adapt to their new surroundings, give her a box or bed she can call her own, a few toys like a stuffed animal she can keep in her bed with her. Try giving her some warm milk to drink close to bedtime usually makes them sleepy.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Some puppies cry more than others. It depends on their nature. Just make sure to give her all the attention she needs now, and then later make sure to teach her properly to avoid problems with separation anxiety.

She might just be a sensitive pooch. She's just like a tiny baby. Make sure to keep her playing a lot, too, since she might wind up crying because she's feeling so lonely. She should grow out of it soon enough.

I don't think inbreeding and crying are classic peas in pods.

my big question is why do you think that she might be inbred??

Did you get her from an irresponsible breeder, breed her yourself, get her from a pet store (shudder), or find her at a shelter? Do you know any of her history? Also, what kind of a puppy is she? Does everything else look normal in her behavior?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 21, 2008, 09:20 AM
    A lot of problems with inbreeding are called lethal genes means the pups don't survive because they have lethal reccessive traits. So if she's already born and 8 weeks old a lot of that is beside the point. A crossbred pup will display hybrid vigor be larger and stronger and more vigorous than either of it's parents which is why you see so many cock-a-poo, zu-poo, labradoodle pups advertized for sale. But an inbred pup could have more tendency toward illness if something like cancer or a skeletal deformity already runs in it's family.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 11:09 AM
    There is a method that actually works to get a puppy to sleep at night in the sticky at the top of the forum. You sound like it is all the time. It could be behavior or a physical thing. Have the vet examine it. Otherwise, give it plenty of attention.
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

Jun 24, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Wow. labman, sorry to question your expert rating but attention while it's whining? Bad combo.
    lilecho, remember, dogs do not have the same psychology as us humans, the best thing you can do for you dog is to ignore that sort of behavior, even petting it while it's whining isn't going to stop it from whining.. why? Because petting it or giving it attention is POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT. Get my drift?
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spinphoto
    wow. labman, sorry to question your expert rating but attention while it's whining? bad combo.
    lilecho, remember, dogs do not have the same psychology as us humans, the best thing you can do for you dog is to ignore that sort of behavior, even petting it while it's whining isn't going to stop it from whining.. why? because petting it or giving it attention is POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT. get my drift?

spinphoto, I'm sorry to do this because I like your posts a lot, and it's very clear that you care so much about dogs, but I have to stop you a second.

I don't see where anyone said to baby the pooch while it whines. I am fully aware of the damage that can potentially happen from babying negative behaviors, and I know that labman is, too.

You gave me a negative rating. I didn't deserve that. Thanks.
    cbamrine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 03:40 PM
    I just got a 12 week old yorkie/min pin from a pet store (yes, I know). Anyway, she will cry hysterically and out of control every time I put her in her play pen. She also whines every time I leave the room and to top it all off... She will NOT go potty outside no matter what I do. Help.. I didn't have any of these problems with my last puppy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Dog Cries all night in Crete [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old puppy that cries all night in the crete. I have taken him for walks, he plays with the other dog, he should be tired. But 4 am roles around and he is still screaming. When we first got him for about the last week we had him sleeping in our bed so I think he got used to...

Help... Dog cries every night in the crate... [ 10 Answers ]

My one year old dachshund cries every night at around 1am in his crate for no other reason then to be let out to come sleep in my bed. We try to ignore it and tell him to lay down but this will go on for an hour or so until we finally give in and let him out. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Won't eat and Cries all night [ 3 Answers ]

My roommates and I recently got an 8 week old kitten from some neighbors. She is very cute, but we are worried that something might be wrong with her. We have all never had a kitten before. Our kitten won't eat the food that we bought her. (the only thing that we have gotten her to "eat" is some...

11 week old puppy sleeping at night [ 2 Answers ]

We have the typical LAB puppy that is biting and chewing everything. The problem is she is not sleeping at night and it waking up at 11pm, 3am, 5am. We take her to outside at these times no problem. The problem is she is WIDE awake for hours afterward, running through house, whining for...

Puppy whines and cries all the time [ 1 Answers ]

Hi We have a 6 week old chihuahua, and I have had puppies in the past but never have I had one that no matter what he cries, you hold him he cries put him down he cries,wrap him up he cries no matter what, My sister in law has his sister she is very playful and doesn't do that, DO I just have a...

View more questions Search