Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rezzend83 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 11:00 PM
    2 years and still not sure if I want this relationship
    Ive been dating this girl for to a little over 2 years, I think I love her but I'm not sure if I'm ready for the level of relationship that I should be in. I'm now a senior in high school and I've been having a real hard time the last few weeks because I don't know if I really want to be in this relationship. I know she loves me, she treats me like I'm the most important thing in the world, and I feel bad a lot about it because I don't do the same for her, she is cmpletely set on the relationship and is in it for the long haul, should I stay with her? I don't want to have so many questions and end up doing something that would hurt her more in the end because of it but I'm afraid that if I leave that shell never forgive me.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 11:47 PM
    If you leave her with no warning, she will be very hurt and probably never forgive you.

Is that enough reason to stay with a girl you don't want to be with anymore essentially wasting her time and yours? No, you can't avoid truth.

Becoming a grownup means confronting tough/painful situations. Children hide. You're not a child, neither is she, you have to be honest, she has to hear it.

The breakup is inevitable, you know that. The sooner you do it, the sooner it is behind you and she is free to start hating you and healing and eventually getting over you. SHE has to go through that, that is her burden to bear, not yours.

You both need to learn how to do this, so the breakup will lead to more experience you both need anyway. Might as well dive in.
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Jun 17, 2008, 11:53 PM
    if you not too sure about the relationship... you shouldn't even start it in the beginning..

as in any relationship... communicated is the key to anything.. so if you and her can sit down and talk it would be the best to talk about it and how to get out the best of it

as a matter if you plannig to leaving her ? Do it as soon as possible... dont think that you already drag it 2 years.. and a little later won't matter... yup it matter

the longer you being with a girl the more trust they put in you and the more attach they get to you.. (if they really like you started with if you no what I mean)

it wasting you time and also her time to find a new person... that love her back ^^ >.. so think about it
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2008, 04:24 AM
    At 18 it is probably a large part of feeling you should be having your independence to 'find yourself' and having someone to be there for can make you feel tied down somewhat.
    You don't want to burn your bridges by breaking up if it is a really good relationship so
    As long as you are not wanting to date others but have some independence apart from your relationship maybe what you need is more time to yourself and your interests.
    If you really don't want to be with her then you need to tell her but if you just need more 'me' time just find time for both. Eventually you will know for sure if you want to break up or not. For now I don't think you should give up a good thing unless you really don't see the two of you working out in the long run.
    Definitely do not go to the next level in your relationship because, if anything, you need to digress a step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Will a relationship with a man 24 years older work? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 32 years old and pregnant for my 55 year old boyfriend. We live together. He has a reputation for being unfaithful and I do not trust him. How do I handle this? What should I do?:confused:

Engaged to be married after almost 10 years in the relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been living together with my high school sweetheart for about 9 years now, yeah a very long time. As a very young couple, we never gave ourselves a chance to test the waters out there. For the past years into our relationship we've gone through so much, and a lot of things have changed. I'm...

5 years relationship and a broken engagement [ 8 Answers ]

I just been reading everything everyone has been saying about break up and I read the sticky but I feel that my heart will not listen to reason. I'm sick of crying over my girlfriend. I gave her 5 years of my life and she dump me because she is getting played by some guy at work. She won't listen...

Relationship ending after 6 years and now I'm lost [ 23 Answers ]

I have posted here before and since then things had gotten better... for awhile. Then things started to get worse and recently, he decided he wanted to end it. He wants to move out and is looking for a place. It has ended badly with name calling, hating each other and he seems to think I'm cheating...

View more questions Search