Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karim2008 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 01:22 PM
    My refund.not received
    My refund page in IRS.gov shows that IRS deposited my refund on May 23. I checked with my bank, till now I did not get the money. My accountant asked me to be patient and wait. Does getting the refund take a lot of time even when the website says it has been cleared?
    kimdeelee Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Jun 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
    I would call customer service (at the bank) and see what they say
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by karim2008
    My refund page in irs.gov shows that IRS deposited my refund on May 23. I checked with my bank, till now I did not get the money. My accountant asked me to be patient and wait. Does getting the refund take a lot of time even when the website says it has been cleared?
    It is already many days so only IRS can tell you what happened to your refund. If you owed taxes, the amount may have been adjusted against tax due.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 06:15 PM
    There was some issues with some money going to the wrong bank accounts, ( saw it on the news) So you may want to contact them to see about the money
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Agreed! If the IRS transferred the money to the bank, it is liely the BANK mis-routed it to the wrong account.

Call the bank and ask for some help.
    karim2008 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 04:32 PM
    I contacted customer service by email as I have online access. Bank representative said nothing deposited. Do you think it is still necessary to contact the bank by the phone?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Actually, I would print off the message from the IRS saying that the money was deposited on May 23rd, take a copy of your tax return with your account and routing numbers on it, and go to the bank IN PERSON and demand an explanation as to where your money went.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email not received [ 1 Answers ]

I like to send cards to my friedns on the computer but when the computer says they are sent to the email address some of my friends don't get them but some do what could be the problem?

Check Received [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if I can verify a check that I received from a JP MOrgan Chase Bank, N.A. Phoenix, Arizona online. It states that the check is for my winnings for a Lottery I won. Please let me know. Thanks

An odd email I received... [ 2 Answers ]

Hello again to any psychics who want to tackle this one: I got a very odd email this week about the money problems I've been having - but not to the same email that is attached to this Forum. The email basically states that, if I write out my goals on a piece of paper in great detail and then...

Jpg sent that received [ 3 Answers ]

I'm rec. that from someone who is sending it as a jpg. Using , 2000 pro,outlook not express :confused:

More information sent than received [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I log onto thr internet using a dial up connection I find that more info is being sent than received, at least twice as much. There is activity even when on a static page. I have run Norton Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware and Spybot but nothing shows up. Do I have a problem and if so what can I do...

View more questions Search