Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleydavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Kenmore 70 Series Washing Machine won't drain
    I just moved to a new house, so when I set up my washer and dryer the washing machine will fill up with water, but the water won't drain. I've taken the hose out of the wall and lower it and the water pours out... is there some kind of pump that I need to activate to get the washing machine to drain? Please help!
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 02:31 PM
    You don't need to activate the pump, but you must make sure it is not jammed or clogged with something. Since water pours out when you lower the hose, it sounds like the pump is not turning vs. clogged up. There are two reasons for it not turning:
    1. A foreign object has jammed the pump
    2. The drive belt is broken or loose

Either one is fairly major for a DIYer, but it can be done. Once you get the pump exposed, you can immediately see if the belt is broken. If not, you'll have to remove the pump.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore 70 series washing machine [ 12 Answers ]

I have a kenmore 70 series washing machine, the machine will not agitate, or when it does it moves very little, the spin cycle does not work. The timer seems to be working, because it moves and goes through its process and stop. Does anyone have any ideas which would help me with the problem. Like...

Kenmore series 80 washing machine stopped, just buzzes [ 1 Answers ]

Our 18-year old Kenmore Advantage series 80 heavy duty washing machine stopped after filling with water (no agitation or spinning, no matter where I move the control dial). It does make an electrical buzzing sound. Model number is 11082982100. Any tips you can give would be appreciated.

Kenmore Series 80 Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore Series 80 Washing Machine which is only 13 months old, is not turning on. It stopped in the middle of a cycle and is full of water which will not drain. Any suggestions on how to drain the water and get this thing going again?

View more questions Search