Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike22456 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Briggs and statton won't start
    18hp briggs quits when hot and won't start hot.I replaced ignition checked valves and plug. Could it be the fuel selinoid?I don't understand it's function? thanks,mike
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 05:20 PM
    When you say replaced ignition, are you referring to the ignition switch? Sounds to me as though it may be the coil, or "armature-magneto".
    1983nab Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Try rebuilding the card sounds more like the fuel selinoid to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs 14.5 will not start [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the aluminum gear that the starter turns to start the engine and after I put it back together the mower will not start. The engine is getting gas because I pulled the spark plug and checked. Is there any electrical connection that may have come loose or is there any thing under the fly...

Adjust valves on 14.5 Briggs and Statton Engine [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to adjust the valves on a 14.5 hp OHV I/C quiet engine.

Briggs 14.5 OHV won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced the piston and rings in this engine and still have a no start condition. I've run the gammet on this one and have come down to valve timing. When aligning the timing marks, the engine isn't at TDC. How do I find out if the cam isn't 180 degrees out? I can assemble it both ways but...

14.5 Briggs won't start [ 1 Answers ]

The engine ran fine last season and haven't tried to start it since but had to replace flywheel and starter gear to start this year. After replacing the gears and installing a new spark plug and charging the battery the engine spins freely and backfires but doesn't start. I don't know much about...

Briggs 16.5 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B/S 16.5 OHV Twin (Commercial model). Generally speaking it starts as soon as I hit the key. Today when shutting it down it backfired twice (two different occasions) but started normally. When I went to start it to put it in the shed no luck. Doesn't sputter or backfire. Changed the...

View more questions Search