Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deputywarden Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Toilet will not flush
    Our toilet bowl will not flush. Water from the tank runs into the bowl however the bowl will not finish the flushing process. Also, air bubbles up into the bowl. By using a plunger we get rid of the water in the bowl. Any assistance would be appreciated as we are beside ourselves on this problem.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Your drain is partially blocked and it appears plunging isn't enough to break the clog loose. Buy/borrow a toilet auger and try rodding the toilet. If that fails we'll be lifting the toilet and aggressively rodding to the main.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

New toilet will not flush [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced my old toilet during a bath remodel with a proflow 1.6. It will not purge when flushed, just swirls water around without emptying. I dumped a pail of water in the bowl-same thing happened. The old toilet flushed fine, so I don't know what the problem could be. I dropped about 10 ft. of...

Toilet flush [ 4 Answers ]

It's a gerber floor mounted with sloan valve and 1.6 gallons of water consumption. I have an 8'' rough in. The old toilet had a top spud and this new one has a back spud. From the old valve, I only added an extension of about 6'' pipe to connect to the back spud. When I flush, it seems like 4-5...

Toilet tank lever breaks when I try to flush toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem trying to flush my toilet. When attempting to flush the plastic tank lever often breaks and when I use the metal tank level they often bend. The only way to flush the toilet is by removing the top and pulling up the tank ball lift by hand. What can I do to solve this problem. Thank...

Toilet won't flush [ 6 Answers ]

Our toilet will not flush all the way. We tried shortening and lengthening the chain and that did not help. It looks like the flapper is closing too soon. How can I fix this? Or Do you think this is even the problem?

View more questions Search