Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmckeown09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Swelling Stomach
    I have for the last 4 months been experiencing a constant swollen stomach especially after eating even a small meal. I am very fit and use the gym 4-5 times per week but I now have a pot belly which looks out of place to the rest of may body. My diet is very good but cannot seem to get rid of the swollen stomach. Any ideas
    hannah_banana91 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmckeown09
    I have for the last 4 months been experiencing a constant swollen stomach especially after eating even a small meal. i am very fit and use the gym 4-5 times per week but i now have a pot belly which looks out of place to the rest of may body. My diet is very good but cannot seem to get rid of the swollen stomach. any ideas
    It is possible that you are drinking too many fluids, or that you are malnourished if you are under the weight you are supposed to be.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Hi wmckeowno9,

Do you visit the loo on a regular basis? Even though you say you have a healthy diet, are you getting enough fibre, is this problem more severe depending on what type of food you eat?

For instance,some people have a problem after eating bananas or bread(white) not enough fibre which means they are very hard to digest and will leave you with a bloated stomach until they have come through the system in the natual way, on the other hand lots of people have a problem with certain tpes of vegtables i.e.. sprouts, beans, onions etc.etc it just depends.

I think for you it would be useful to keep a daily diary, where you can log every thing you eat, also the time and a short comment of how your stomach re-acted.
    It may be after a week or so you can look back and see some sort of pattern that maybe will explain why your having this problem.

You could, as the previous post suggested, be consuming too much fluid,are you passing water more frequently,or are you drinking lots and retaining the fluid, in which case you maybe need to see your doctor who may perscibe a duretic, if possible try to measure what you drink and what you pass, see if it is more or less the same.

If you are still having problems later down the line I would suggest a visit to your doctor might set your mind at ease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What causes big stomach or flappy stomach [ 8 Answers ]

What causes big stomach or flappy stomach? How can that be prevented?

Swelling Lump Behind Ear [ 2 Answers ]

When I was in middle school I on several occasions had a lump form behind my ear and my doctor told me it was simply a pimple. Those have come and gone, but now, in my early 20's, I have another lump. It began forming about a week ago, I dismissed it at first for another pimple but was un able to...

Swelling behind ear [ 3 Answers ]

I recently noticed a bump behind my ear the size of a pea. There was swelling along the back of my ear and it was read. Well, I already had a doctors appointment, so I decided to ask him what he though it could be. He said that he was not sure... looks like an allergic reaction to something. He...

Swelling [ 2 Answers ]

I have swelling and fluid build-up in my groin area is this something to worry about? I've been to doctors they don't anythings wrong. I'm hurting. Is there something else to try?

How do I get my swelling to go down [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got in a car accident sat. night and I had to go into the er and get stitches all over the inside and outside of my mouth. My question is I am really swelled up and was wondering what I can do to get the swelling to go down other that ice, and I think my cuts are already infected what can I...

View more questions Search