Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Lighter patches on african-american skin
    Im am 22 yrs old, I do not have a dark skinned tone but not light either, I am somewhere in the middle, I recently developed a lot of light spots on my stomach and legs. My dad had this same problem but only on his back which is where I also had the problem at first. He said his doctor told him to apply Selsum Blue and it went away. I applied the selsum blue to my back and it did surprisingly help a little, but it also burned my skin a little after the 4th or 5th time trying it, but the burns went away and now it quickly went back to normal. I recently had been laying out by the pool, (I had on a lot of sunscreen too) and the next day I realized the light spots were coming in again, this time on my stomach and legs. So I applied the selsum to my stomach spots about three times (once a day) and it burned it as well but now there's a dark burn scar on my stomach:( and I'm afraid to apply it to my legs because I don't want that to happen, but my legs are the worst, its like someone took a stamp and just went crazy on my thighs, some are bigger and blotchier then others but they are randomly about my legs. Any suggestions??
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 12:23 PM
    It sounds like you're developing vitiligo:

Vitiligo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treatment for Eczema - African American Skin [ 7 Answers ]

While I'm a very fair skinned AA woman my daughter is about Gabrielle Union's complexion. She inherited eczema from her father's side of the family and as she gets older, the breakouts have been more frequent in her face - leaving behind nasty dark spots. She also has these spots on her arms and...

Help. African American With Bad Acne. Help [ 32 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am a african american female with the worse acne possible. I have no idea what to do about all of this in my face. I have tried just about everything on the market and I am feeling hopeless now. At present, I am using proactiv solutions to try to clear up my face, and that seems not...

What skin lightening method is best for African American ethnicity? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I´m new to this site and I feel weird because it´s my first time writing a question. I want to know which product is best for African American skin, I´m 23 and will turn 24 in October and I´m really looking forward to have a change on my skin discoloration! My original birth skin tone...

Realsweet Thread on African American Skin Care. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Guys I was just wondering if anybody here has ever got in contact with realsweet about the 4% and 6% hydroquinone products that she used on her face and body she would not give the name of the products but I was wondering if anyone found out about them and would share them with me.

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

View more questions Search