Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mbell1960 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Can MS personal property be levied?
    In Mississippi do they allow the levy of personal property to settle a judgment?

My bank accounts have already been garnished.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Evidently, personal property can be seized and sold by auction: "The next post judgment tool a debt collection attorney can utilize if garnishments are unsuccessful is a Writ of Execution. A Writ of Execution is a request filed with the Court, instructing the Sheriff to go out and seize certain property owned by the debtor and sell that property at public auction to satisfy the debt. A Writ of Execution can be issued against any personal property of the debtor that you aware of, can be issued for cash that the debtor may have on hand or that a business may have in its cash register. But, the most effective way to collect a debt from an individual debtor on a Writ of Execution is to have the Sheriff seize the debtor's automobile." Debt Collection Lawyer: Tools of the Debt Collection Lawyer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is wife cosidered personal property [ 2 Answers ]

Definition of personal proprty

Eviction of Personal Property? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house from an investor who bought the house out of foreclosure in the state of Va. The former owner who was being foreclosed on alleged that the first investor lied to her about being given the chance for a lease option. I posted a question on this portion of the story a few weeks ago....

Ex-Boyfriend Will Not Remove his Personal Property [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend moved out of my apt. Sept. 21, 2006 and went back to Florida (I live in Columbus, Ohio.) I have since moved into a new place. This doesn't have anything to do with rent/lease/etc, but I have all of his stuff in a box in the basement. Do I have to act as a landlord would and keep it...

View more questions Search